Page 47 of 147 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkD83 View Post
    UNC is also not on the list. I also notice on Scouts.com that UNC is only mentioned on 3-4 players lists and not near the start of the list. Am I reading too much into this or are HS players already self-selecting against UNC?
    It's been a long time since a player committed to UNC-CH (more than a year IIRC), but that could just be the pulsating nature of the schedule for these things. It'll be interesting to see how they do in the coming 9 or 10 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Henderson View Post
    It's been a long time since a player committed to UNC-CH (more than a year IIRC), but that could just be the pulsating nature of the schedule for these things. It'll be interesting to see how they do in the coming 9 or 10 months.
    Cant blame them... who wants to play under all that scrutiny AND in that horrible color.

Theo Pinson was their last commitment. That happened in May 2013. I don't believe UNC has landed a single recruit for 2015 yet, have they?

Honestly, if I'm a recruit considering them now, I (and esp my parents) would have a lot of questions and concerns. Ethical issue aside, there is still the potential for the NCAA to levy punishments affecting the future of the program. No one knowing the if and when of that combined with decision timelines of recruits would seem to extend that drought.

Quote Originally Posted by Henderson View Post
    Well, if I'm reading their roster accurately, they will only be losing 2 scholarship players to graduation, Jackson Simmons and Desmond Hubert. If they don't lose anyone to early entry and don't bring in any recruits they will still have 10 scholarship athletes on the roster. That's the same number we have this year. Of course someone like Paige could leave early but they still have time to sign recruits or look for a 5th year senior which seems to be a popular option these days.

Quote Originally Posted by nocilla View Post
    Well, if I'm reading their roster accurately, they will only be losing 2 scholarship players to graduation, Jackson Simmons and Desmond Hubert. If they don't lose anyone to early entry and don't bring in any recruits they will still have 10 scholarship athletes on the roster. That's the same number we have this year. Of course someone like Paige could leave early but they still have time to sign recruits or look for a 5th year senior which seems to be a popular option these days.
    With carolina shouldn't "graduation" be in quotes?

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    With carolina shouldn't "graduation" be in quotes?
    I would prefer an asterisk with the subtitle "Criteria includes ability to read at a 5th grade level, submit a two paragraph essay for an A-, and lie about taking illegitimate courses."
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Well, if I'm reading their roster accurately, they will only be losing 2 scholarship players to graduation, Jackson Simmons and Desmond Hubert.
    There is a fairly simple way of expressing that word that more closely complies with the way UNC has operated for the past 30 years...

they will only be losing 2 scholarship players to the expiration of their athletic eligibility, Jackson Simmons and Desmond Hubert.
    -Jason "there, that's much better" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Small point, but Duke actually has 11 scholarship players on the roster--it's just that one is a transfer and has to sit out this year.

Man, if Paige stays and if they escape a postseason ban, next year's UNC team could be deadly. Hopefully Paige jumps and the postseason is verboten.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Esseintes View Post
    Man, if Paige stays and if they escape a postseason ban, next year's UNC team could be deadly. Hopefully Paige jumps and the postseason is verboten.
    Jumps where?

Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post
    Jumps where?
    Away from UNC.

Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post
    Jumps where?
    Quote Originally Posted by wilko View Post
    Away from UNC.
    In some instances of severe sanctions, the NCAA has given current players the option of transferring to another D-1 school without sitting out for a year.

Also, Paige is considered by some to be an NBA prospect -- looked at 5 2015 Mock Draft projections online, and he was rated 19th, 22nd, 35th, and not rated in top 50 on the other two projections.

Paige's "Happy" video is seeming kind of ironic about now.

Any word on Caleb Swanigan's visit?

http://duke.247sports.com/Bolt/5-Sta...today-32720542

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Any word on Caleb Swanigan's visit?

http://duke.247sports.com/Bolt/5-Sta...today-32720542
    Swanigan is ranked #8 on Espn's top 100 after reclassifying to Class of 2015. If he were to be on next year's team that includes Jefferson, Plumlee, Obi and Semi, I am guessing that would be a crowded frontcourt for his taste. He would be more likely to consider Duke as a Class of 2016 guy.

Quote Originally Posted by superdave View Post
    Swanigan is ranked #8 on Espn's top 100 after reclassifying to Class of 2015. If he were to be on next year's team that includes Jefferson, Plumlee, Obi and Semi, I am guessing that would be a crowded frontcourt for his taste. He would be more likely to consider Duke as a Class of 2016 guy.
    While that's all true, the article said he took a visit. So unless it's purely a "hey, I got free tickets to an exhibition game" thing, there might be a little something there, right?

Not to mention Chase Jeter.

Well, if it's a meritocracy out there, it's not necessarily a given that a Top 10 recruit would be scared off by Plumlee, Obi or Semi.

Quote Originally Posted by slower View Post
    Well, if it's a meritocracy out there, it's not necessarily a given that a Top 10 recruit would be scared off by Plumlee, Obi or Semi.
    Well, maybe Semi.

- Chillin

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    In some instances of severe sanctions, the NCAA has given current players the option of transferring to another D-1 school without sitting out for a year.
    There is a simple rule of thumb that the NCAA has applied fairly consistently -- if the penalty covers the rest of your eligibility, you can transfer without penalty.

Hence, a one-year post season ban means that rising seniors can transfer without sitting out.

A two-year postseason ban means that rising juniors and seniors can leave without sitting out.

I think when Penn State was nailed a few years ago, it was a four-year postseason bad (originally) and every player on the roster was given the option to transfer.