Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by SupaDave View Post
    Incredible since Jordan has been on at least 51 SI covers. I would like to look further into this. Jordan is most certainly the type of guy to find a reason to have a chip on his shoulder for something slight - perhaps a bad Bobcats review. Hmmm...
    It goes back to Steve Wulf's "Bag It, Michael" story when Jordan took up baseball. I believe they broke the stories about his gambling and rapacious off-court behavior as well. In SI/Time Warner's defense, they are in the business of selling magazines and considering public opinion in doing so (people like Jordan = put him on the cover as often as possible). And to SI's credit, they do mostly seem to have acted professionally in the intervening years.
    Last edited by hurleyfor3; 08-16-2012 at 10:24 PM.

Jordan

Michael Jordan did add a logo to a few of his "Air Jordans" that was a PH shaped as a whistle as a tribute to his former coach, Pop Herring. I don't like Jordan, but his decision to not hand out money to everyone asking isn't why. Everyone is so quick to jump on Iverson for being bankrupt after he tried to keep all his buddies employed, but then the same people are critical for not taking care of people from the past. The SI writer suggesting that he buy the house and employ multiple caregivers is really just silly.
    http://niketalk.com/t/71087/air-jordan-phly

Third picture from the top is the logo, pretty nice tribute in my opinion.

We can't mock athletes for being broke due to taking care of everyone and then get on Jordan because he doesn't take care of everyone.

The same things that made Jordan the best in the history of the sport are the same things that make him a less than admirable person. He is, for lack of a better way of putting it, wildly out of balance.

The most admirable person I have ever know is a Lutheran minister. He has almost no ego, no competitive drive and lives every day for other people. He is also wildly out of balance. While the world might be a more peaceful and calmer place if everyone were like him, it would also be very very boring, with far less human accomplishment.

This being a Duke board I have to make the obligatory Krzyzewski reference. He seems to really fight hard to balance himself off, which is admirable as hell.