Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Anybody want a peanut?

Fezzik: We face each other as God intended. Sportsmanlike. No tricks, no weapons, skill against skill alone.
    Man in Black: You mean, you'll put down your rock and I'll put down my sword, and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?
    Fezzik: [brandishing rock] I could kill you now.
    Man in Black: Frankly, I think the odds are slightly in your favor at hand fighting.
    Fezzik: It's not my fault being the biggest and the strongest. I don't even exercise.
    "Quality is not an option!"

I don't mean to pry, but by any chance do you have six fingers on your right hand?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom B. View Post
    Well, not quite yet a quarter century. The movie actually was released in September of 1987 (September 25, to be exact), so THAT'S when it will turn 25.

I will say, though, that if I kept a running tally of the number of quotes from pop culture sources that I drop into everyday speech (often without realizing it), TPB would probably come in second behind The Simpsons. (Not sure what would be third. Maybe Caddyshack.) Heck, my life has been such a frenetic exercise in cat-herding the last couple of years that "Let me explain....no, there is no time, let me sum up..." and "Move the....thing! And the other thing!" are practically daily occurrences.
    I hope you didn't have to use, "Please consider me as an alternative to suicide."

I'd put TPB in my top 10 for quotes, with Airplane ('80), The Jerk ('79), Breakfast Club ('85), Ghostbusters ('84), and Vacation ('83) also on the list. (Was the writing better back then, or do I just have that many more years of watching them for the quotes to sink in?)

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    I hope you didn't have to use, "Please consider me as an alternative to suicide."

I'd put TPB in my top 10 for quotes, with Airplane ('80), The Jerk ('79), Breakfast Club ('85), Ghostbusters ('84), and Vacation ('83) also on the list. (Was the writing better back then, or do I just have that many more years of watching them for the quotes to sink in?)
    I'd put 16 Candles on the list too.

Caddyshack, Animal House . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Caddyshack, Animal House . . . .
    Blazing Saddles?

sage

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Blazing Saddles?

sage
    You can't quote as much of that movie as you could in the '70's. Probably a good thing, too. But great call and I agree on Mel Brooks as a package -- great lines from Blazing Saddles, Young Frankenstien, History of World Pt. I . . . . (I would throw "Get Smart" into that as well, although it expands the topic)

You can't quote as much of that movie as you could in the '70's. Probably a good thing, too. But great call and I agree on Mel Brooks as a package -- great lines from Blazing Saddles, Young Frankenstien, History of World Pt. I . . . . (I would throw "Get Smart" into that as well, although it expands the topic)
    Can't forget Spaceballs!

Quote Originally Posted by mkirsh View Post
    Can't forget Spaceballs!
    I think we have to put Monty Python's Holy Grail and Life of Brian on the list as well. Which doesn't mean I'm suggesting coconuts migrate. I am only asking what have the Romans ever done for us apart from the aqueduct, better sanitation, medicine, education, irrigation, public health, roads, the aqueduct, baths, public order, civilization and freshwater systems? Also the Judean People's Front is nothing but a bunch of splitters.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukefan1.0 View Post
    I think we have to put Monty Python's Holy Grail and Life of Brian on the list as well. Which doesn't mean I'm suggesting coconuts migrate. I am only asking what have the Romans ever done for us apart from the aqueduct, better sanitation, medicine, education, irrigation, public health, roads, the aqueduct, baths, public order, civilization and freshwater systems? Also the Judean People's Front is nothing but a bunch of splitters.
    Al-ways look on the bri-i-ight side of life.

Al-ways look on the bri-i-ight side of life.
    Always do when watching these movies, during which I choose between steak and fish to eat for dinner. Which of course I choose Lasagna from those options, while following the Holy Gourd of Jerusalem.

About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.
    Always do when watching these movies, during which I choose between steak and fish to eat for dinner. Which of course I choose Lasagna from those options, while following the Holy Gourd of Jerusalem.
    Surely, you must be joking.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

He's not joking.

. . . . .

And don't call him "Shirley"

And don't call him "Shirley"
    But it's an entirely different type of flying all together.

Well it looks like I picked the wrong week to quit amphetamines.

But it's an entirely different type of flying all together.

Well it looks like I picked the wrong week to quit amphetamines.
    Eddie says after the baby comes, I can quit one of my night jobs.

Eddie says after the baby comes, I can quit one of my night jobs.

Think you're getting your movies crossed. That's from Vacation, not Airplane!

Just bumping this back up. Today is the 25th anniversary of the release of The Princess Bride.