Show on K; look for replays

Fox Sports South. Tried to paste the press release but it didn't work.

Looks like 4PM eastern time.

Quote Originally Posted by mgtr View Post
    Looks like 4PM eastern time.
    It will be repeated at 10 pm on Fox Sports South Saturday night, and again on Sunday at noon! No excuses to not set your DVR!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Very good show. Makes K look like a good guy to play for. Can't hurt recruiting one little bit.

I was happy to see Roshown McLeod appear on the show - I seem to remember the rumor mill claiming that he was negatively recruiting against Duke - seems unlikely that he would partake in this program if that were so...

I thought this special very interesting, marred just a little by what, IMO, was really irritating background music played intermittently, I think usually when K was speaking or when someone complimenting him was, well, complimenting him. This program, conceptually good and for the most part nicely executed and very informative, was produced by Blue Devil IMG Sports Marketing. I'm not sympathetic, in general, with this "heroic/inspiring/marketing" background music, and in this instance precisely because it detracts from rather than adds to the otherwise fascinating discussion of leadership, both K's ideas thereon and observers' analysis of K's leadership style. Do marketers believe - do they "know" - that the audience needs "help" in watching talking heads .... talk .... about interesting stuff?

Minor rant over. The actual substance of the program was intriguing. Not all of it was new to me, as probably all of us have seen/heard/read K discussing his ideas on leadership. This program provides a good update, given that it focuses on K's several years with USA basketball, and includes recent interviews and comments from current Olympic guys.

And actually, "good update" probably doesn't fully do justice to the importance of several aspects of leadership discussed and analyzed. For those with DirecTV [ch 646] or other access to Fox Sports South, you should check out this program. From GoDuke.com, here's a listing of future airings:

Additional airings on Fox Sports South will take place on July 26 at 7 p.m., August 2 at 10 p.m., August 8 at 7 p.m., August 11 at 5 p.m., August 17 at noon and August 24 at 6:30 p.m.

I think you'll agree there are any number of insights that would be good topics for discussion and, yes, K-praise on EK. And I imagine many of you will not find the music as irritating as did I. I can only hope you won't need to be inspired by it. The ideas and issues are important, challenging, thought-provoking. The music is bleecchhh. It's the ideas, stupid, not the music.

ETA - Mods, I wonder if you might change the title of this thread, to delete the ref to "today," substituting something like "Good Special on K/Leadership."
    Last edited by gumbomoop; 07-22-2012 at 12:52 PM.