Page 53 of 65 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1289
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I particularly like this quote:

"In one email from September 2009, Cynthia Reynolds, a former associate director who oversaw academic support for football players, told Nyang’oro in an email that “I hear you are doing me a big favor this semester and that I should be bringing you lots of gifts and cash???????”

Surely they jest.

(And don't call me Shirley!)
    That's a different thing. All together.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I don't know about that, OPK. You're going to have to explain your comment above a bit more. Here's where I got that quote from and it sounds like it's all part of the same slimy mess if I'm reading correctly, unless you are separating academic fraud from "bribery." (best word I could dredge up to "define" it)

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcspor...-front-burner/
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

everyone in unison: "That's a different thing."
    1200. DDMF.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I don't know about that, OPK. You're going to have to explain your comment above a bit more. Here's where I got that quote from and it sounds like it's all part of the same slimy mess if I'm reading correctly, unless you are separating academic fraud from "bribery." (best word I could dredge up to "define" it)

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcspor...-front-burner/
    That blew by DevilDeac like an "Airplane!" (circa 1980)

Yeah, sorry DD. we need to plan a time to try some new brew and watch an old movie.

I'll get my NC kin to join, who are truly "good people" as we say in Georgia.

Just don't call me Shirley.

Yeah, sorry DD. we need to plan a time to try some new brew and watch an old movie.

I'll get my NC kin to join, who are truly "good people" as we say in Georgia.

Just don't call me Shirley.

lets be fair, at least they don't have a drinking problem...
    1200. DDMF.

So, after $500K+ in consulting fees, no one told the schmucks over there not to buy billboards and rings declaring themselves football champs? Like Ron White said, "You can't fix stupid."

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    lets be fair, at least they don't have a drinking problem...
    Over Macho Grande?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    So, after $500K+ in consulting fees, no one told the schmucks over there not to buy billboards and rings declaring themselves football champs? Like Ron White said, "You can't fix stupid."
    Should have let me know sooner. I'd have split the fees with you, we could have had them all straightened out and we could have taken a few extra weeks off from our usual employment for the rest of the year AND called ourselves consultants.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Yeah, and when they finally change clothing it is into a green polo shirt, yellow slacks and weejuns with no socks.
    Whaddya mean?! They change clothes?

Consulting = legal fees, right? More delicately put, perhaps, in order not to offend the older goats?

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Whaddya mean?! They change clothes?

Consulting = legal fees, right? More delicately put, perhaps, in order not to offend the older goats?
    Fleishman-Hillard is a PR firm. God only knows what they've spent on legal fees.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    Fleishman-Hillard is a PR firm. God only knows what they've spent on legal fees.
    And how much was spent on attorneys that ALSO represented witnesses who were advised NOT to cooperate?

Thus, unc can say "the witnesses won't cooperate" because the unc lawyers told the witnesses not to cooperate.

Interesting...

Blog post from Mary Willingham, Assistant Director of the Center for Student Success and Academic Counseling at the University of North Carolina Chapel Hill

Protecting our image has become the most important factor, sadly, this appears to have done more harm than good. As an institution of higher education where learning should be taking place each and every day, what is the lesson in all of this? Yesterday was the lowest day on campus – ever. As yet another new bright eyed group of first year students meet up in the pit, we, the adults continue to cover up the truth about our mistakes. One dark cloud hangs in the otherwise blue sky, and we could make it go away – if we were honest. Educational inequality is fed by a machine on our campus and campuses everywhere – the college sport system – until we own it and make the proper adjustments, the cheating will continue. Waiting for the NCAA is a joke, the sky over Indianapolis is full of dark clouds, thunder and lightening. They have failed miserably as a regulatory body. Bogus systems of eligibility along with secrets, silence and our own vulnerabilities win, our students lose. Protecting the brand at all costs – worth it? Lesson learned? Not yet.
    This was posted today.

This whole Carolina thing, I think, is just as disgusting as can be.

And I am maybe equally disgusted by the reactions.

The University has done all it can to hide what happened, to obscure, to hinder... they have only been honest when they were forced to be, these rich people in their fancy suits, and have tried to avoid problems at each and every second. Rather than come clean, they have attempted to dodge responsibility at every... single... turn.

And the fans? Ugh. Blaming the MEDIA, instead of blaming their university leaders. Right... because when newspapers report the news clearly it is the fault of the papers, and not the people CREATING the news. I see Carolina fans saying things like "Come on, let it go already" when they don't seem to get... we don't even know what IT is, and the only reason this has been dragged out so long is because YOUR UNIVERSITY is dragging it out as painfully and long as possible by denying any possibility of wrong doing.

Just stunning. This entire thing has largely destroyed my enjoyment of the "rivalry" which I find I cannot even type without putting it in quotes. I've never seen a bigger example of sticking ones head in the sand and trying to cover something up in sports history.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichabod Drain View Post
    Blog post from Mary Willingham, Assistant Director of the Center for Student Success and Academic Counseling at the University of North Carolina Chapel Hill

This was posted today.
    Can Jim Martin use his ex-governor privileges to have this woman physically and permanently removed from campus? She is obviously abusing her position and authority.

This was posted today.
    That took a lot of bravery for her to post. Kudos.

That took a lot of bravery for her to post. Kudos.
    There's no fool like a brazen fool....

This was posted today.
    How much longer will she be on campus?

She CLEARLY doesn't understand "the carolina way"

Lot of interesting stuff on her website on this topic. http://athleticsvsacademics.com/

Can it now be said the the oft repeated cheer, "Go to he11, Carolina," has now changed to, "Gone to he11, Carolina?"