Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Please keep Duke fball player Blair Holliday in your thoughts and prayers

Duke football player Blair Holliday was in a jet ski accident yesterday.

There is no release from Duke yet, but something is forthcoming later today depending on the situation and wishes of the family, I'd suspect.

Please keep him and and his family in your thoughts and prayers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Corey View Post

There is no release from Duke yet, but something is forthcoming later today depending on the situation and wishes of the family, I'd suspect.

Best wishes and prayers for Blair and his family, I hope it is nothing too serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Corey View Post

I pray that I'm reading too much negativity into your tone and that he hasn't suffered life threatening or life altering injuries. Jet skies, like motorcycles, can be alot of fun, but they are powerful machines with accidents built in just waiting to happen. His football career, or season, is secondary. Best wished to Blair.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

I'm afraid this very well could be the end of his football career if not more serious. I pray for the better. A guy that I work with pulled Blair out of the water yesterday. He was unconscious and finally after 20 min of waiting, he was air lifted. The only other information that I will share is that he had head injuries. Please keep Blair in your prayers.

The N&O has a brief story on it.

Blair's listed in critical condition.

-jk

More from the Chronicle.

Prayers for Blair.

From Coach Cutcliffe:

First and foremost, our thoughts and prayers are with Blair, his parents, Leslie and Rick, and the entire Holliday family. The Holliday family is one of tremendous character and strength, and is truly an inspiration for all of us. Secondly, we could not be more appreciative of the care and support Blair has received here at UNC Hospitals. The doctors, nurses and support staff have been truly outstanding.

We ask that you continue to keep Blair and his family in your thoughts, and also respect their privacy in this time of concern.

A horribly tragic reminder that we are not as invincible as we seem...

Hope it's not life or career threatening. Speedy recovery, Blair!

I had Blair as a student in one of my classes. He is a wonderful young man, and I hope and pray that his excellent physical conditioning and the skill of his physicians can pull him through this one.

What a shame!
    DukeDevilDeb

Heard on the news that the player Blair Holliday collided with was Jameson Crowder. Thank goodness he wasn't (seriously) hurt too.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Heard on the news that the player Blair Holliday collided with was Jameson Crowder. Thank goodness he wasn't (seriously) hurt too.
    That's mentioned in this Chronicle article: http://dukechronicle.com/article/foo...ical-condition

Just an awful situation for all members of the Duke Football family as well as the Duke community as a whole...hoping Blair can pull through this.
    Check out the Duke Basketball Roundup!

2003-2004 HLM
    Duke | Mirecourt | Detroit| The U | USA

Blair, you are in our thoughts and our prayers young man.

Stuff like this really puts things in perspective.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Keeping Blair Holiday in my thoughts today. I'm adding thoughts and prayers for Jameson Crowder to the list. I can imagine he's going through a rough time himself right now.

Things like this are always very difficult to digest. Kids just out having a good time one second, then the next one is in critical condition hanging onto life.

My prayers go out to him, his family and his team of health care workers for comfort, peace and wisedom...

Cannot imagine the anxiety that the parents must be feeling now, a special prayer for them.

The poor, poor kids. There are hardly any words to add to all of the above other than to keep praying.

Sending lots of love to the students and families from a big family of Hoke Duke fans.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

This is a terrible tragedy. My family and I will be praying for him and his family. I know from personal experience the agony his family is going through at this time. There is no way to know what the future will hold for him if this is a severe head injury. The doctors can't tell you anything at this time - the first thing is to get though the brain swelling and survive. then there is long recovery.

A TBI changes everything in your life.

Quote Originally Posted by Native View Post
    More from the Chronicle.

Prayers for Blair.

Native....any word on Blair's status from your contacts with fellow students and Football players?

WRAL and News 14 is reporting the same status. Those jet skis can be so dangerous. Just in a split second, your whole life can change with an accident. I know, I was hit my a drunk driver in a truck head on, in my 20s, and it changed my entire life.

Prayers for Blair and the Holliday family, and the Duke family (football team and staff, classmates, faculty and Duke Football community).

Assuming the injury is as severe as the news reports would indicate - no news is probably good news.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian913 View Post
    Assuming the injury is as severe as the news reports would indicate - no news is probably good news.
    I'm told from people that actually know something about medicine that with head traumas, the first 72 hours are crucial because that's when swelling peaks. The goal may very well be to keep him sedated and ventilated through that time frame.

That isn't to say that is what is happening here, but that's at least a reasonable possibility.