Kansas Pot Scandal

I am sure many of you have read the DBR Front Page article on an alleged drug dealer being linked to the Kansas basketball team, right?

Here is my question-- if this dude GAVE pot to members of the team because he wanted to get in tight with ballplayers, is that an improper benefit and something the NCAA would be concerned about? If they bought pot that is something serious, but if they were given pot it might be even more problematic.

Additionally, one has to wonder about Kansas' drug testing policy in light of these allegations. The NCAA may be interested in that as well.

-Jason "Kansas has seemed awful seedy lately" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I am sure many of you have read the DBR Front Page article on an alleged drug dealer being linked to the Kansas basketball team, right?

Here is my question-- if this dude GAVE pot to members of the team because he wanted to get in tight with ballplayers, is that an improper benefit and something the NCAA would be concerned about? If they bought pot that is something serious, but if they were given pot it might be even more problematic.

Additionally, one has to wonder about Kansas' drug testing policy in light of these allegations. The NCAA may be interested in that as well.

-Jason "Kansas has seemed awful seedy lately" Evans
    I'll bet the Jays get off with a tokin' penalty ...

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    ... but if they don't, it brings a whole new meaning to the term "smokin' a jay".
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    I wanted to like your post and couldn't. Bonus points for excellent use of punnery!

I'm not sure why, but Bill Self has always struck me as a bit sleazy. I have no basis for this feeling; it's pure gut instinct. Therefore, the recent string of allegations about the Kansas program disappoint me more than they surprise me.

Guess we'll have to trust the NCAA to weed, err, sort this one out.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Regarding the DBR Front page article, of course KU is going to appear seedy when stuff is made up. Like, the one about Sherron Collins losing a civil suit, when in reality it was dropped by the accuser, for fear of losing Collins's counter claim.

Or the ticket scandal, which is somehow KU's fault, when they had $5 million stolen from them.

Or Darrel Arthur, who had a high school grade changed before he was ever recruited by Kansas, and was cleared by the NCAA before he ever sniffed Lawrence.

I have never been shy about admitting the program's faults, and some of those other claims in the article have merit. But let's not go crazy.

P.S. For whoever said that Bill Self is "sleazy", could you have him pick up the sleaziness on the recruiting trail? He hasn't come close to landing a McDAA-type player in almost 2 years.

Sounds like KU is one joint that better be prepared to take a hit from the NCAA.

I am doobie-ous of the whole affair.

It is a Maui Wowie situation.

Quote Originally Posted by TexHawk View Post
    Or Darrel Arthur, who had a high school grade changed before he was ever recruited by Kansas, and was cleared by the NCAA before he ever sniffed Lawrence.
    Well if this is your defense, then John Calipari got screwed at Memphis. He recruited a kid who faked a test prior to Memphis and was cleared by the Clearinghouse (I think twice). These allegations go more to the type of character a coach recruits and by holding the coach or institution unaccountable, then you get places that can just play dumb and it sets a pretty poor precedence.

College students smoking marijuana!?!?!? Unbelievable. Next you'll be telling me that they're involved in underage drinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Jderf View Post
    College students smoking marijuana!?!?!? Unbelievable. Next you'll be telling me that they're involved in underage drinking.
    I've heard tales of premarital sex - with a partner, even... horrors.

Quote Originally Posted by wilko View Post
    I've heard tales of premarital sex - with a partner, even... horrors.
    If it can happen at BYU, it can happen anywhere...