Happy Birthday, Sir Paul

Want to feel old?

Paul McCartney turned 70 today (June 18).

It's kind of funny. Back when I was in college, the rumor spread that Paul was dead. We spent a couple of weeks recording their albums onto a reel to reel tape machine (one guy in our dorm had one) and playing all their music backwards to try find clues. I have to admit, you have to be pretty determined to hear 'Turn Me On, Deadman" from a backwards version of Revolution No. 9.

Oh well, here we are in 2012 and we only have Paul and Ringo (who turns 72 on July 7) left.

But reading about his birthday, I did come across a couple of interesting factoids -- for instance, I learned that the a very young Phil Collins was an extra in the Beatles film "A Hard Day's Night." I'll have to re-watch it and try and find him. Also, I knew that Paul had played a variety of instruments for the Beatles and post-Beatles bands, but I was surprised to learn he played the drums on "Back in the USSR"

Anyway, Happy birthday Paul ... and while we're at it, happy birthday Brian -- Brian Wilson of the Beach Boys (who are back on tour) turns 70 on Wednesday (June 20).

God, I feel old!

Quote Originally Posted by Olympic Fan View Post
    Want to feel old?

Paul McCartney turned 70 today (June 18).
    I guess my perspective is skewed. My first reaction: Hard to believe those "when I'm 64" jokes are already 6 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by Olympic Fan View Post
    Want to feel old?

God, I feel old!

Yeah, but "I [don't] wanna hold your ha-a-a-nd."