Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Lived here quite a while...Virginia, what a weird state...

Does the BOV decide who will be Rector and Vice-Rector? If so, might Dragas become just another BOV member? Perhaps she would be moved off the Executive Committee and serve in another capacity.

It is hard to understand how things will be different going forward with Dragas still in her position, Sullivan still in hers, and maybe one other BOV member of the "quorum of 3" still on the Board. I don't see how 4 new BOV members appointed by the Governor will make any significant difference. To my knowledge, no one has indicated that they no longer believe those things which precipitated the crisis - so what's to prevent things from coming to a head again?

About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.
    Quote Originally Posted by cspan37421 View Post
    Does the BOV decide who will be Rector and Vice-Rector? If so, might Dragas become just another BOV member? Perhaps she would be moved off the Executive Committee and serve in another capacity.

It is hard to understand how things will be different going forward with Dragas still in her position, Sullivan still in hers, and maybe one other BOV member of the "quorum of 3" still on the Board. I don't see how 4 new BOV members appointed by the Governor will make any significant difference. To my knowledge, no one has indicated that they no longer believe those things which precipitated the crisis - so what's to prevent things from coming to a head again?
    I was surprised and disappointed at Dragas's reappointment. Governor McDonnell may have been placated by the resolution of the situation and the apparent rapproachement between Sullivan and the BOV, or he and Dragas may be close, or there could be any number of other reasons, but from what I understand of the situation, I think it was a gross violation of BOV procedures for Dragas and her cabal to fire Sullivan they way they did. My hope was that she wouldn't be reappointed, and it'll be interesting to see if Sullivan and Dragas can effectively move the university beyond this incident and forge effective leadership. Gonna be tough.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBDuke View Post
    I was surprised and disappointed at Dragas's reappointment. Governor McDonnell may have been placated by the resolution of the situation and the apparent rapproachement between Sullivan and the BOV, or he and Dragas may be close, or there could be any number of other reasons, but from what I understand of the situation, I think it was a gross violation of BOV procedures for Dragas and her cabal to fire Sullivan they way they did. My hope was that she wouldn't be reappointed, and it'll be interesting to see if Sullivan and Dragas can effectively move the university beyond this incident and forge effective leadership. Gonna be tough.
    I predict that within 2 years Sullivan will be hired away by another major university.