Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dukefan1980 View Post
    I had a little setback in the printing process. The prints should be mailed out early this week. I apologize for the delay.
    Ah. I sent you a PM. Please check your "in box".
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I really like it. I'll be honest...I've got some issues with some of your others..not because of the execution but because of the imagery. This is not directed at you specifically, but in general I really have problems when paintings are done from anything other than an original image. If it is your photo that the painting is based on, paint the hell out of it; if it is someone else's photo...especially if it is an iconic image, then there is something about the idea behind it that rubs me the wrong way.
    Thought this might be of interest to both you and the artist.

In a nutshell, the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals has just upheld an artist's work depicting Alabama football uniforms despite the artist's lack of a license.

As evidenced by the parties’ course of conduct, Moore’s depiction of the University’s uniforms in his unlicensed paintings, prints, and calendars is not prohibited by the prior licensing agreements. Additionally, the paintings, prints, and calendars do not violate the Lanham Act because these artistically expressive objects are protected by the First Amendment, by virtue of our application of the Rogers balancing test. The uniforms in these works of art are artistically relevant to the underlying works, Moore never explicitly misled consumers as to the source of the items, and the interests in artistic expression outweigh the risk of confusion as to endorsement. Accordingly, we affirm the judgment of the district court with respect to the paintings and prints, and reverse with respect to the prints as replicated on calendars.
    Here's some background.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Corey View Post
    Thought this might be of interest to both you and the artist.

In a nutshell, the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals has just upheld an artist's work depicting Alabama football uniforms despite the artist's lack of a license.

Here's some background.
    That's not really what I'm talking about, although that is also an issue an artist needs to keep in mind. What I was focusing on was the rendition of a photo taken by another person (in these cases sports photographers). The paintings might not be exact duplicates, but it is obvious they come from moments that someone else has captured. Once again, I am not focusing solely on Jason's work here; this is a common practice, but it's one that I have personal qualms with. When I did my football paintings I knew that wanted to work from images taken at field level, but to me part of the artistic process is capturing the image that I want to work with. So I beat down every door I could think of at Duke before finally getting permission to go take pics on the field during one of the spring games. The basketball paintings are the same...my paintings have to be from my own camera originally or I don't consider the painting to be fully mine, so I took tons of photos from my seats in Cameron when I was lucky enough to go. Even on commissioned portraits I really insist on taking the photos, and only grant exemptions when the distance is too far or the person is dead.
    As far as the Alabama case, I think the artist lucked out. I asked permission from Duke, that guy didn't. And in Jason's instance Duke does not seem to be so much of a stick in the mud as the Tide appears to be. Didn't he even say K has a copy of one of them? Same with me, Cutcliffe has one of my prints of Brett Huffman hanging in his basement next to the Mannings. (Brett loved that..I did too..lol) But I'm working on a cookbook that will feature several of my paintings including the football ones and scenes outside featuring our tailgates that I have no doubt that we'll have to go talk to Duke about licensing issues before we get it published. They might not complain if we don't, but I don't want to take that chance.
    Anyways, different issues, and overall just a matter of artistic opinion. For me..the whole thing has to be mine from start to finish. But as I said before, there is no way any one person could capture all the photos that Jason worked from knowing that they were working towards this outcome. I like the final painting very much.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

I have ordered this painting several weeks ago and did not receive it yet, was wondering if this was normal. I'm in Canada.

Just placed my order and can't wait to receive both of the pictures! Great work!

great prints

i ordered the 903 print and and received the 2010 order has been restored along with it. both prints are great.

Awesome job. Ordered and can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by mailman2927 View Post
    i ordered the 903 print and and received the 2010 order has been restored along with it. both prints are great.
    how long did it take for you to receive it?

Got mine in the mail today and they look great!

Got mine in the mail yesterday! They are great! Can't wait to hang it in the office.

framing the prints

I've received a lot of emails in regards to framing these prints. Below is the best and most cost effective way to frame them:

The best way to frame the "903 and Kounting" and "Order Has Been Restored" prints is to purchase a 24x30" frame from any Art & Frame store (Aaron Brothers, Michaels, Hobby Lobby, etc...). I recommend Aaron Brothers for their selection and quality. They each have 40% off coupons regularly so you can purchase the frames at a reasonable price. You will also need a custom mat for each which will run between $15-25 depending on the type of matting that you choose. For about $50 each, you can have these prints look like they were professionally framed.

I've received a lot of emails in regards to framing these prints. Below is the best and most cost effective way to frame them:

The best way to frame the "903 and Kounting" and "Order Has Been Restored" prints is to purchase a 24x30" frame from any Art & Frame store (Aaron Brothers, Michaels, Hobby Lobby, etc...). I recommend Aaron Brothers for their selection and quality. They each have 40% off coupons regularly so you can purchase the frames at a reasonable price. You will also need a custom mat for each which will run between $15-25 depending on the type of matting that you choose. For about $50 each, you can have these prints look like they were professionally framed.

I think this post answers my question. I see where it states the painting itself is 36x48 but I was wondering about the size of the print being sold.

BTW, that's a great painting and by throwing in the "Order has been restored" painting it gives us players from all 4 NC's.

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    I think this post answers my question. I see where it states the painting itself is 36x48 but I was wondering about the size of the print being sold.

BTW, that's a great painting and by throwing in the "Order has been restored" painting it gives us players from all 4 NC's.
    The image size of the "903 and Kounting" print is 18x24" (Total print size is 19.5x25").

In celebration of the start of the season, I am extending the offer on my "903 & Kounting" lithographs: http://www.jasonrobichau.com/903-and...ing-lithograph

I've gotten a few emails and PM's about this: if you are purchasing a print for Christmas, you need to place the order by December 15th. Otherwise, I can't guarantee that you'll get it in time.

With the painting being featured on the front page, I wanted to let everyone know that there are only a few prints left of my 903 & Kounting painting so if you are interested in getting one, you better act fast! This would be the first sellout of my career!

http://www.jasonrobichau.com/903-and...ing-lithograph

I was notified that something was wrong with PayPal today. I just checked and everything is back up and running. My apologies if you tried to order earlier.

I was notified that something was wrong with PayPal today. I just checked and everything is back up and running. My apologies if you tried to order earlier.
    I went to the website and didnt see the painting, are they sold out?

Quote Originally Posted by Laettner16 View Post
    I followed the link above and was taken to the page with the print. I was able to add it to my cart (as well the bonus print). I didn't checkout, however, because I already bought one and have it proudly displayed in my cube :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Laettner16 View Post
    I apologize for the confusion. The prints are not sold out. The website was done using Flash so, unfortunately, it doesn't show up on iPads and iPhones. You will need to be on a computer to order the prints. If you need a different way to order the prints, message me.