Duke Logo Usage - Is it legal?

Hi everyone,

My husband has built a set of adirondack chairs for a friend. She has requested that we paint them and add anything pertaining to her beloved team as decoration...so my question is - can I legally stencil the Duke logo (any of them) on her chairs? Or do I need to obtain logo permission from Duke Athletics first? I don't mind doing that...but I don't have the first clue about who to contact! Help please!!

Thanks!!!

I can't imagine that possibly being illegal in any way whatsoever -- that is, unless you plan to start mass producing those chairs and selling them on Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jderf View Post
    I can't imagine that possibly being illegal in any way whatsoever -- that is, unless you plan to start mass producing those chairs and selling them on Amazon.
    That was my thought too. But as I was searching out the logos for use, it occurred to me that the reason they were so hard to find online was because of usage permissions. The last thing I want to do is create something that might get me in trouble. Mass producing these chairs is not in the forecast. With a full-time job, a 2year old and me - he has very little time to work on this hobby. Which is why the painting is being left up to me!

Quote Originally Posted by creekside View Post
    Hi everyone,

My husband has built a set of adirondack chairs for a friend. She has requested that we paint them and add anything pertaining to her beloved team as decoration...so my question is - can I legally stencil the Duke logo (any of them) on her chairs? Or do I need to obtain logo permission from Duke Athletics first? I don't mind doing that...but I don't have the first clue about who to contact! Help please!!

Thanks!!!
    If you dont sell them its ok....

I suspect that contrary to getting you into trouble, making a few Duke chairs would get you some praise from DukeBluePlanet.