7 Warriors
    8 Raptors
    9 Pistons
    10 Hornets (via trade)
    11 Blazers
    12 Bucks
    13 Suns
    14 Rockets

The woeful Jordan-led Bobcats lost out on the top pick despite having the worst record in NBA history, but they only fell to #2 overall. The Hornets will in all likelihood be selecting Anthony Davis with the top pick, and they also have the #10 overall selection. The Blazers also have two picks, at #6 and #11.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Diablo View Post
    The order has been set for the first fourteen picks of the NBA Draft:

1 Hornets
    2 Bobcats
    3 Wizards
    4 Cavaliers
    5 Kings
    6 Blazers (via trade)
    7 Warriors
    8 Raptors
    9 Pistons
    10 Hornets (via trade)
    11 Blazers
    12 Bucks
    13 Suns
    14 Rockets

The woeful Jordan-led Bobcats lost out on the top pick despite having the worst record in NBA history, but they only fell to #2 overall. The Hornets will in all likelihood be selecting Anthony Davis with the top pick, and they also have the #10 overall selection. The Blazers also have two picks, at #6 and #11.
    The biggest losers in the lottery: the Nets. They had a top-3 protected pick this year that could have been a trade chip (or it could have been used on one of the four big-name prospects). Instead, they get the #6 pick and lose their pick to the Blazers.

The Hornets could really revamp their team with Anthony Davis and perhaps Terrence Ross. Their biggest needs appear to be at SF and PF, as they have a decent C (Kaman) and PG (Jack and Vazquez) and they'll get a good SG (Gordon) back from injury. Davis fits perfectly. Ross doesn't fit quite as well (he'll be a SG), but there isn't likely to be a good SF option at that point in the draft.

Does Prince Harry reunite with his "brother" Kyrie?

Just wondering...

- Chillin

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    The biggest losers in the lottery: the Nets. They had a top-3 protected pick this year that could have been a trade chip (or it could have been used on one of the four big-name prospects). Instead, they get the #6 pick and lose their pick to the Blazers.

The Hornets could really revamp their team with Anthony Davis and perhaps Terrence Ross. Their biggest needs appear to be at SF and PF, as they have a decent C (Kaman) and PG (Jack and Vazquez) and they'll get a good SG (Gordon) back from injury. Davis fits perfectly. Ross doesn't fit quite as well (he'll be a SG), but there isn't likely to be a good SF option at that point in the draft.
    At the end of the regular season, the common belief was that the Hornets were trying to get rid of Kaman. Not sure if they'll still try to do so or for who, but I wouldn't consider him a solid option there yet.
    "Shout out to this clock right here that's telling us what time it is." - Dre

Quote Originally Posted by delfrio View Post
    At the end of the regular season, the common belief was that the Hornets were trying to get rid of Kaman. Not sure if they'll still try to do so or for who, but I wouldn't consider him a solid option there yet.
    Fair enough. Maybe they go with Davis and Zeller? That's a great pairing if they get rid of Kaman; Davis provides the defense and Zeller provides the offense.

Quote Originally Posted by ChillinDuke View Post

Just wondering...

- Chillin
    That's what Chad Ford predicts in his latest mock draft. If Davis, Kidd-Gilchrist, and Beal go in the top 3 then either Drummond or Barnes is the best fit for Cleveland (they already have Tristan Thompson so Robinson and Sullinger don't make sense). If Beal is available, I'd suspect the Cavs would take him over Barnes.

Charlotte

I was amused at how the article on the front page suggests Charlotte should trade down to get Sullinger. Uhm, no. You dont trade down to get an under-sized PF. You use your #2 pick and get the potential All-star in MKG. What a silly idea.

The only scenario where I'd trade down is if Portland gave me #6, #11 and a second round pick or two for the #2. But I still probably would not do that. Charlotte needs quality not quantity.

Super "Maybe Charlotte could trade the #2 for a new owner....hmmm..." Dave

Quote Originally Posted by superdave View Post
    I was amused at how the article on the front page suggests Charlotte should trade down to get Sullinger. Uhm, no. You dont trade down to get an under-sized PF. You use your #2 pick and get the potential All-star in MKG. What a silly idea.

The only scenario where I'd trade down is if Portland gave me #6, #11 and a second round pick or two for the #2. But I still probably would not do that. Charlotte needs quality not quantity.

Minor correction. Charlotte needs both quality and quantity.
    “Those two kids, they’re champions,” Krzyzewski said of his senior leaders. “They’re trying to teach the other kids how to become that, and it’s a long road to become that.”

I was amused at how the article on the front page suggests Charlotte should trade down to get Sullinger. Uhm, no. You dont trade down to get an under-sized PF. You use your #2 pick and get the potential All-star in MKG. What a silly idea.The only scenario where I'd trade down is if Portland gave me #6, #11 and a second round pick or two for the #2. But I still probably would not do that. Charlotte needs quality not quantity.

Is there some general consensus that Michael Kidd-Gilchrist is a better prospect (or better fit) than Thomas Robinson of Kansas?

Kidd-Gilchrist had an excellent season, but gosh, as a high school junior, he wasn't even the best player on his team.

Quote Originally Posted by delfrio View Post
    Kaman, to my knowledge, is an unrestricted free agent and it sounds like the Hornets would let him go. So, maybe they do go after their future frontcourt in Davis and another PF or C.
    Check out the Duke Basketball Roundup!

2003-2004 HLM
    Duke | Mirecourt | Detroit| The U | USA

Just wondering...

- Chillin
    Strangely, I think that would actually be one of the better places for him to land. He'd have a superb point guard setting him up, and his only competition for for playing time would be the likes of Daniel Gibson, Manny Harris and Anthony Parker.

I love the prospect of MJ screwing up this draft. The only "sure-fire" pick is Davis, and every other pick has a down-side. I agree that MKG is the second best prospect from the perspective of All-Star potential, but there are 6-8 players that could prove to be better pros.

My dream scenario has MJ picking HB, who crashes and burns in specacular fashion.

Man, the Nets did it to themselves. How do you trade a lottery pick for Gerald Wallace, not exactly a transcendent player, and not get it at least Top 10 protected? Baffling move by Mr. King. It's not like Crash is going to help lure Deron to Brooklyn.

Here's the Hornets cap situation for the next few years.

Kaman is gone unless they re-sign him. If they can get him and Carl Landry at decent prices, they'd be wise to re-sign. Their starters should be Okafor, Landry, Ariza, Gordon and Jack with Anthony Davis, Aminu and Vazquez off the bench. They can pick up a PG for the future with the #10 pick (Lillard) or get another big man (Zeller, Perry Jones) or package the pick with a player for something (#10 plus Aminu for Josh Smith, Danny Granger or Rudy Gay).

Anyone read up on how Austin's workout are going? Seems like the mock drafts have him slipping a little so it makes me wonder if his workouts, if any, have gone ok.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    I love the prospect of MJ screwing up this draft. The only "sure-fire" pick is Davis, and every other pick has a down-side. I agree that MKG is the second best prospect from the perspective of All-Star potential, but there are 6-8 players that could prove to be better pros.

My dream scenario has MJ picking HB, who crashes and burns in specacular fashion.
    I was thinking that too, with Barnes. It seems logical as an MJ pick in terms of potential for unintentional hilarity. I think it helps Jordan's cause, though, to have Rich Cho apparently with at least some influence. He was responsible for Biyombo last year, I believe, which could very well work out okay. If the Bobcats end up with Kidd-Gilchrist or Beal, or perhaps Robinson, either Jordan has made a rare solid pick, or he's taken a proverbial back seat and is rubber-stamping Cho's informed selections.

Quote Originally Posted by Jderf View Post
    Strangely, I think that would actually be one of the better places for him to land. He'd have a superb point guard setting him up, and his only competition for for playing time would be the likes of Daniel Gibson, Manny Harris and Anthony Parker.
    Plus, as a rookie, Kyrie will ensure Barnes has plenty of Duke apparel. -- sage

I really, really hope not. That's a no-win situation for us as Duke fans. Either a.) Barnes is a bust, in which case Kyrie doesn't gain any help, or b.) Barnes does well, in which case we don't get to make fun of him any more.

I'd rather they go a different direction, draft someone who turns out to be really good, and allow the team to develop into a contender with Kyrie at the helm.

MJ and the Bobcats

Quote Originally Posted by Starter View Post
    I was thinking that too, with Barnes. It seems logical as an MJ pick in terms of potential for unintentional hilarity. I think it helps Jordan's cause, though, to have Rich Cho apparently with at least some influence. He was responsible for Biyombo last year, I believe, which could very well work out okay. If the Bobcats end up with Kidd-Gilchrist or Beal, or perhaps Robinson, either Jordan has made a rare solid pick, or he's taken a proverbial back seat and is rubber-stamping Cho's informed selections.
    I'd also love to see Jordan and the Bobcats crash and burn (as if they haven't already).

Realistically, I don't think there is a chance in the world that the team could be so stupid to use the pick on Barnes. Although that would be ideal.

My realistic hope is that they use the pick on Drummond, a classic underachiever. Yeah, he has great potential, but I have my doubts that he ever achieves it.

My biggest hope is that they don't take Michael Kidd Gilchrist. I LOVE that kid. Obviously, everybody is a gamble (even Davis at No. 1), but I think MKG has all-star potential and all-star character. I hated the fact that he played for such a seazy program, but I love the kid.

Just hope he doesn't wind up on my least-favorite NBA team.

Anyone read up on how Austin's workout are going? Seems like the mock drafts have him slipping a little so it makes me wonder if his workouts, if any, have gone ok.
    He has been in the 13-14 range for quite some time. Most drafts have him going to the Suns. Do players in the combine do pre-combine workouts?