Hatfields & McCoys

Anyone watching? I watched part 1 and am part way through part 2. From what I know, it seems to be fairly accurate and is very well done. I think I saw that had it been a movie it would have madelike 110 million in its first weekend (based on viewership).
    My Quick Smells Like French Toast.

Quote Originally Posted by Channing View Post
    Anyone watching? I watched part 1 and am part way through part 2. From what I know, it seems to be fairly accurate and is very well done. I think I saw that had it been a movie it would have madelike 110 million in its first weekend (based on viewership).
    Saw part one, but Deadliest Catch is on Tuesday so lost it. Look forward to the re-broadcast.

I've watched Parts 1, 2 and half of 3. I'll watch the last hour of part 3 later today. It's pretty good, but at times you wish they were wearing home and away jerseys so you could tell who was who ...
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Ozzie's right about trying to identify some of the minor characters. Tom Berenger was terrific, excellent scene chewing on his part.

The women showed uniformly great acting. The Frank Phillips guy, I finally gave up trying to understand anything he said, mush-mouth.

All in all good show. Costner did a good hob producing it. Looked like they all had fun. Emmy for Paxton?

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Ozzie's right about trying to identify some of the minor characters. Tom Berenger was terrific, excellent scene chewing on his part.

The women showed uniformly great acting. The Frank Phillips guy, I finally gave up trying to understand anything he said, mush-mouth.

All in all good show. Costner did a good hob producing it. Looked like they all had fun. Emmy for Paxton?
    Agree with Weezie and Ozzie here; both sides chose the grungy, dirty look, a little tough to sort out.

Had to go to "closed captions" to pick up some of the dialogue.

Still, it was interesting and appeared to stick to the facts, at least from what I've read about the feud on wiki and elsewhere.
    Certainly a more appropriate program for the History Channel than stories about catching alligators, running a pawn shop, or logging.

My wife and I just got around to finishing this (had been on the DVR) and we both really enjoyed it.

I was surprised in reading that wiki article how faithful it was to most of the events - sure there seemed to be a couple things consolidated, changed or added, but not that many and much less than is typical of many dramatized historical works such as this.

On a random note, one thing that struck me during the movie was that the setting had me mentally placing the events in more of an 1850's timeframe, as opposed to the late 1880's (where many of the events took place). Being in the remote back country helps you forget that at that same time in other parts of the country, early versions of the light bulb, phonograph, and telephone had been out for a little while. In fact, when they reference electricity in one scene it helped drive home it was much later in history than I was imagining. I realize the non-uniformity of technological adoptions and standard of living changes is a constant fact through history, so this was just one specific example, but still interesting.

I didn't get to see H&M on History channel, but on Lifetime. All three parts! Thumbs up to Kevin Costner and Bill Paxton and all the veteran actors and newcomers! And so great that the movie followed the true storyline.

The DVD set comes out in July. I will purchase that set! Kevin Costner is an amazing actor/producer. The best TV mini series I have seen in years. A+