Durham in the NY Times

This weekend's "36 Hours in..." feature is on Durham. Makes me feel very old - I've never heard of many of these places, except for the first one! The article clearly isn't totally comprehensive as it fails to specifically mention a visit to Cameron as a must-do.

http://travel.nytimes.com/2013/01/20...tml?ref=travel

You're not alone

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    This weekend's "36 Hours in..." feature is on Durham. Makes me feel very old - I've never heard of many of these places, except for the first one! The article clearly isn't totally comprehensive as it fails to specifically mention a visit to Cameron as a must-do.

http://travel.nytimes.com/2013/01/20...tml?ref=travel
    Makes me feel old too, probably because I am. I lived in Durham for 8 years (during the last century) and began to question if they had gotten some other city confused with Durham, except for the Duke parts. Even some of the streets didn't ring a bell.

Of course, for the last 25 years, my experiences in Durham have almost totally consisted of something going on in Cameron Indoor Stadium or Wallace Wade Stadium.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Well given that Cameron is only truly Cameron a few times a year, and when it is, it isn't easy to get in to, it's forgivable that it's left off a must do list. They DO have the campus tour as #1 on the list, though, and I would assume that anyone taking that tour is going to check out Cameron and its ammenities. Cool to see my home town make the NYC paper.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."