Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Miles is an athletic freak - a 41" vertical in Minneapolis and a 40.5" vertical at the Chicago combine. At 6'10.5" (no shoes), 252 lbs, he reaches 12' 2" on his max vert reach.

He would be a PERFECT fit with the Heat. If Miles can develop consistency on a 15'-17' jumper, rebound, defend and block shots from the help side that starts the Heat break... that is scary. On the offensive end, he only needs to provide garbage/hustle points (putbacks), set screens, keep rebounds alive, and hit a wide-open medium range jumper to have a 10+ year career in the NBA. So long as you don't need or expect Miles to be a primary offensive option, then he is an excellent pick in mid-late 20's, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    I did a little editing for Seth. Perhaps I should have replace "Miles Plumlee" with "Duke" :-)
    The guy went to Duke. I'm sure he rooted for the good guys at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    The guy went to Duke. I'm sure he rooted for the good guys at some point.
    I know, I was just goofing around some. I really like Miles and hate to see the whole "I was never a fan" statement. Sure, Miles could be frustrating but he gave effort and improved over time. I'm actually really happy to hear that he's very likely to be drafted.

It doesn't seem like everyone actually clicked on the link. The conceit of the article is that Davis relaying what a "scout" has told him about all these players. The "scout" being an amalgamation of several different scouts and executives he's talked too. So, if you don't like Davis' insights or don't like him, you can rest assured that he's just the conduit and this isn't his personal opinion on Miles.

Here's what the consensus appears to be: mid 30s. He'll be better off for PT on a bad team, making him
    a likely early second rounder. I think he's too much of a risk for a good team at the end of the first round.

Miles Plumlee, F/C, 6-11, 252, Duke
    CBSSports (Jeff Goodman): No. 34, Cleveland Cavaliers
    CBSSports (Matt Moore): Out of first round
    DraftExpress: No. 32, Washington Wizards
    ESPN: No. 36, Sacramento Kings
    NBA: No. 32, Washington Wizards
    NBADraft: No. 39, Detroit Pistons
    Stock report: Up, up, up. Plumlee’s shown off his strength and athleticism at workouts, making up for a pedestrian collegiate career and vaulting himself to the edge of the first round. Mike Krzyzewski said Plumlee will be a good complementary player. Teams are seeing that.

Quote Originally Posted by hq2 View Post
    Here's what the consensus appears to be: mid 30s. He'll be better off for PT on a bad team, making him
    a likely early second rounder. I think he's too much of a risk for a good team at the end of the first round.

Stock report: Up, up, up. Plumlee’s shown off his strength and athleticism at workouts, making up for a pedestrian collegiate career and vaulting himself to the edge of the first round. Mike Krzyzewski said Plumlee will be a good complementary player. Teams are seeing that.
    I kind of see it as the other way around and he'd be great on a good team. As K said, he has a limited skill set but the skills he does provide in athleticism, rebounding, and at times defense are very good. In the NBA, apart from the All Stars, you are expected to do a few things very good so that works for Miles and is why we see some great college players sputter b/c they do everything good but nothing great (also a reason I don't like T-Rob).

But imagine Miles going to a team like the Heat where he would provide them with more athleticism in the front court and he could play a role like McBob in LA where he just plays weak side and gets a ton of alley oops when LeBron and Wade drive. He would also learn from them and wouldn't asked to be too much.

Living in DC

Quote Originally Posted by hq2 View Post

It would be nice to have a reason to follow the Wizards. On the other hand, I'd really hate for one of my guys to end up playing for that franchise, even if it is local.

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    It would be nice to have a reason to follow the Wizards. On the other hand, I'd really hate for one of my guys to end up playing for that franchise, even if it is local.
    SI had a really good case for the Heat at 27: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...&sct=hp_t12_a0

It makes perfect sense, as the Heat need a center to rebound, defend, and put in some putbacks. But I hate the thought of another Duke player on those damn Heat.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    SI had a really good case for the Heat at 27: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...&sct=hp_t12_a0

It makes perfect sense, as the Heat need a center to rebound, defend, and put in some putbacks. But I hate the thought of another Duke player on those damn Heat.
    Now, now. Some of us live in South Florida and would love to have Miles join Shain on the Defending Champion Team.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Now, now. Some of us live in South Florida and would love to have Miles join Shain on the Defending Champion Team.
    I have nothing against South Florida. Just a few of the players who live there
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

There is a lot of money to be made in the NBA for being a good complementary player. A lot of kids, and media, think it's all about how many points you average in college. When the truth is, there are only a few players on each team in the NBA who takes most of the shots. Most teams already have that guy and don't need another one, they need guys who do other stuff.

Miles gets to go back to Indiana and play but my only question is how will he and Hasbro play together?

Quote Originally Posted by basket1544 View Post
    Miles gets to go back to Indiana and play but my only question is how will he and Hasbro play together?
    He'll probably break HansTravels nose in practice.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Closing this thread. Please use the new thread for discussion on the Indiana Pacers newest player!