Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Perhaps this is a wording thing, but I don't see Anderson playing PG defensively. I could see him running the offense, but someone else will need to guard the opposing PG. Perhaps that is another SG, perhaps it is Drew. I wouldn't be at all surprised for Anderson to run the offense. But that doesn't preclude Drew from major minutes in my opinion.
    Good point. I don't think Drew will play only 15 mpg, particularly because they don't seem to have other solid high-major guards on their roster, unless someone who played little last year emerges.

The broader point I was trying to raise is: how good is Drew, anyhow? Is he as ineffective as our jokes here made him out to be? Was he a reasonably capable PG who just became erratic when required by Roy's system to play super-up-tempo? Presumably Howland was happy to get him, either because he had tried to recruit Drew out of HS, and/or because he sensed that this talented player simply got caught in an unfortunate situation, even if partially of his own [or his mom's] making.

It does make sense that Anderson and Drew will share PG-type duties, and might well log major minutes, both of them. I'll certainly hope Drew and the Wears play well when the Bruins meet the Heels in the NCAAT next spring.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago 1995 View Post
    and be the one noting that we should be flattered to be ranked at 7, and that there's a heck of an argument we're on the overrated list.

Talk of number one seeds and runs in March isn't surprising on a fan board, but I think it's crazy unrealistic.

We've got as many questions as a lot of the teams we're downgrading, lost a very, very important player, and frankly, finished in a way -- and not just the loss to Lehigh -- that there should be more questions about us than about teams like Ohio State or Syracuse or Kansas, among others.
    While I'll agree that Miles was very, very important, flattered is a a bit much. We definitely have issues like just about everyone else on the list but we are returning 3 multi-year senior starters. We should have quality depth. If Quinn is healthy and I'll grant that's a big if, a number one seed and a run in March is not out of the question.

Best part of all this is they play the games and then have an awesome tournament at the end of the year to decide it all.

Quote Originally Posted by azzefkram View Post
    While I'll agree that Miles was very, very important, flattered is a a bit much. We definitely have issues like just about everyone else on the list but we are returning 3 multi-year senior starters. We should have quality depth. If Quinn is healthy and I'll grant that's a big if, a number one seed and a run in March is not out of the question.

Best part of all this is they play the games and then have an awesome tournament at the end of the year to decide it all.
    I think he was talking about Sub0, not Miles.

As much as I admire sub0, and enjoyed watching him, I think we'll be a stronger TEAM this year. Game on.

And I suspect that, if anything sticks in K's craw from last year, it's team defense. That will be an emphasis from day one. Moreso than usual.

We will be hungry and talented. If we stay healthy, we will be very happy with the upcoming year.

Look forward to the season, after football of course.

Go Duke, Go K, Go Cut!