Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
Perhaps this is a wording thing, but I don't see Anderson playing PG defensively. I could see him running the offense, but someone else will need to guard the opposing PG. Perhaps that is another SG, perhaps it is Drew. I wouldn't be at all surprised for Anderson to run the offense. But that doesn't preclude Drew from major minutes in my opinion.
Good point. I don't think Drew will play only 15 mpg, particularly because they don't seem to have other solid high-major guards on their roster, unless someone who played little last year emerges.

The broader point I was trying to raise is: how good is Drew, anyhow? Is he as ineffective as our jokes here made him out to be? Was he a reasonably capable PG who just became erratic when required by Roy's system to play super-up-tempo? Presumably Howland was happy to get him, either because he had tried to recruit Drew out of HS, and/or because he sensed that this talented player simply got caught in an unfortunate situation, even if partially of his own [or his mom's] making.

It does make sense that Anderson and Drew will share PG-type duties, and might well log major minutes, both of them. I'll certainly hope Drew and the Wears play well when the Bruins meet the Heels in the NCAAT next spring.