Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    looks like a soccer version has popped up ... pretty impressive:

http://videos.komando.com/watch/5783...-hit-the-floor
    My Quick Smells Like French Toast.

That was amazing

Quote Originally Posted by Channing View Post
    looks like a soccer version has popped up ... pretty impressive:

http://videos.komando.com/watch/5783...-hit-the-floor
    I saw this the other day, it's really impressive, no doubt, but it's obviously a set up, which I don't believe Kyrie's first video was. I may be wrong, but I believe Uncle Drew #1 was just Kyrie (with a few friends, including his dad, in the crowd) playing a legitimate pick up game where most of the people had no idea what was happening. The camera work in the soccer video is way too good for it to be the same as the first Uncle Drew. Kyrie's cameraman in the first Uncle Drew was under the guise of filming a documentary about Uncle Drew's "nephew," who pretended to hurt himself so that Uncle Drew could take his spot. This soccer guy just shows up and inserts himself in the game and nobody argues . . . plus, how are there like 100 people spectating random pick up soccer game? Also, I think it's pretty obvious that at least some of the players on the court were in on it. I love the sick moves and the guy's swagger, but I wouldn't like it as much as if it were more original. (The guy also showboated a bit too much for my liking) It's such a huge rip off, I'm surprised Pepsi isn't claiming some sort of copyright infringement haha.

Long story short: Uncle Drew was better
    Last edited by kAzE; 06-10-2014 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kAzE View Post
    I saw this the other day, it's really impressive, no doubt, but it's obviously a set up, which I don't believe Kyrie's first video was. I may be wrong, but I believe Uncle Drew #1 was just Kyrie (with a few friends, including his dad, in the crowd) playing a legitimate pick up game where most of the people had no idea what was happening. The camera work in the soccer video is way too good for it to be the same as the first Uncle Drew. Kyrie's cameraman in the first Uncle Drew was under the guise of filming a documentary about Uncle Drew's "nephew," who pretended to hurt himself so that Uncle Drew could take his spot. This soccer guy just shows up and inserts himself in the game and nobody argues . . . plus, how are there like 100 people spectating random pick up soccer game? Also, I think it's pretty obvious that at least some of the players on the court were in on it. I love the sick moves and the guy's swagger, but I wouldn't like it as much as if it were more original. (The guy also showboated a bit too much for my liking) It's such a huge rip off, I'm surprised Pepsi isn't claiming some sort of copyright infringement haha.

Long story short: Uncle Drew was better
    I don't disagree at all. What also kinda rubs me the wrong way is that this guy is the equivalent of an And1 street basketball player. He isn't well known and I'm shocked they couldn't find a soccer professional soccer player to do this. Then again, it isn't Pepsi or a company, just a guy trying to make a name for himself.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Yeah, and in addition, all 3 Uncle Drew videos were written and directed by Mr. Irving (and he even showed some pretty good acting skills!) The kid is just unbelievably talented on so many levels. He'd be a huge success even if he weren't an all-world basketball star.

Is that Steve Nash?

Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
    Is that Steve Nash?
    Sean Garnier, Soccer Freestyle World Champion. Pretty amazing moves.