Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Duke vs Unc NBA style

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketb...g=ycn-10947470

This is what would happen if Duke and Unc current pros played a game against each other.

====> This is a funny read and plays into some stereotypes of Duke, Unc and some players. Besides the ending is good

Duke Starters: PG-Kyrie Irving, SG-Luol Deng, SF-Corey Maggette, PF-Carols Boozer, C-Elton Brand.

UNC Starters: PG-Ty Lawson, SG-Vince Carter, SF-Antawn Jamison, PF-Tyler Hansbrough, C-Brendan Haywood.

My favorite parts:

"The UNC fans in attendance relentlessly boo Redick, confident he is more evil than Hitler, bin Laden, Sadam Hussein, and Freddy Kruger combined. Redick responds by sinking both free throws then giving the UNC fans a smug little smirk, not enough to be too glaring for the cameras, but just enough to irritate the Tar Heel faithful."

"As Battier prepares to shoot his free throw he notices the ball feels slightly underinflated. To compensate for the deviation, Battier whips out a scientific calculator, punches in some numbers, and uses an algorithm to adjust the arc of his shots and knocks down both free throws"

Ridiculous. Battier doesn't need calculators; calculators need him.

Somewhat related... I felt naseous after feeling excited when Danny Green hit back to back 3s in the Spurs game last night.
    "Something in my vicinity is Carolina blue and this offends me." - HPR

I have little doubt that a Duke-UNC matchup involving all our NBA players against all of theirs would result in Duke trouncing UNC. What I find interesting is that we now have enough NBA players to roll out a full 15-deep all-Duke NBA team that could potentially go deep in the playoffs.

Duke Starters: PG-Kyrie Irving, SG-Corey Maggette, SF-Luol Deng, PF-Carols Boozer, C-Elton Brand.
    Duke Bench: Guards-Gerald Henderson, J.J. Redick, Chris Duhon , Dahntay Jones, Nolan Smith, Forwards-Shane Battier, Mike Dunleavy, Grant Hill, Josh McRoberts, Shelden Williams.
    NBA player left off: Lance Thomas

I think this Duke roster is comparable to a (healthy) Chicago Bulls team - meaning we could contend for a NBA championship.
    Bulls Starters: PG-Derrick Rose, SG-Richard Hamilton, SF-Luol Deng, PF-Carlos Boozer, C-Joakim Noah.
    Bulls Bench: Guards - C.J. Watson, John Lucas III, Ronnie Brewer, Mike James Forwards - Kyle Korver, Jimmy Butler, Brian Scalerbrine, Taj Gibson, Omer Asik

The Bulls have a better starting line-up. A healthy Rose is better than super-rookie Irving. Noah and Brand have similar games (good defensive, rebounding presences), but Noah is probably better than Brand at this point of their careers. Maggette and Hamilton are a wash to me - with potentially better guards (Henderson and Reddick for Duke; Watson and Brewer for Bulls) sitting on their bench. Duke's bench has the advantage at guards and a huge advantage at small forward; Bull's bench has the advantage with bigs.

Grant Hill should be a starter

I may sound crazy because he turned 39 this season, but Grant should be a starter at SF or SG, especially if you're going to start Vince Carter. I've watched Grant play regularly since he finally healed from his ankle injury and I'm telling you he's still runs the floor better than Cory or Corey; he's more efficient than those two as a scorer; and he has a better midrange game. Add to that the fact he has become one of the most versatile defenders in the NBA at his age and there's no question that with Grant, Duke has the better collection of NBA pros right now. I just wonder when people outside of Duke will wakeup and begin to ask the question of why Carolina does not produce good pro players.

Quote Originally Posted by Li_Duke View Post
    I have little doubt that a Duke-UNC matchup involving all our NBA players against all of theirs would result in Duke trouncing UNC. What I find interesting is that we now have enough NBA players to roll out a full 15-deep all-Duke NBA team that could potentially go deep in the playoffs.
    If the article is counting correctly (other than missing Lance), count me impressed. Not only are there more Duke than UNC players in the league, but Li is correct, a head-to-head matchup doesn't look the least bit close. Have to remember this the next time the "K doesn't develop NBA players" meme gets trotted out. How times have changed...

Quote Originally Posted by crimsondevil View Post
    If the article is counting correctly (other than missing Lance), count me impressed. Not only are there more Duke than UNC players in the league, but Li is correct, a head-to-head matchup doesn't look the least bit close. Have to remember this the next time the "K doesn't develop NBA players" meme gets trotted out. How times have changed...
    Also no Singler who is kinda/sorta in the NBA. He just chose to finish his contract with his Spain team first.

Quote Originally Posted by HaveFunExpectToWin View Post
    Somewhat related... I felt naseous after feeling excited when Danny Green hit back to back 3s in the Spurs game last night.
    Interesting, I was watching the Heat-Pacers game. I really wanted the Pacers to win but when Shane was shooting I was wanting it to go in and when he was defending the guy with the ball I wanted the shot to miss. When HansTravel shot or lumbered into someone while flailing his arms around I was against him 100%. It was weird but luckily the Pacers were able to win without HansCheater taking 20 trips to the FT line, what a concept. 9F 9F 9F and I hope the Spurs continue to win and Green misses every shot he ever takes!

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    When HansTravel shot or lumbered into someone while flailing his arms around I was against him 100%.
    HAHAHAHA! It was just so easy for me to picture this part.