All NBA Teams Announced

Thought this deserved a new thread rather than bury it in the NBA Playoffs or Dukies in the NBA Threads - but mods can feel free to move it.

http://www.nba.com/2012/news/05/24/all-NBA-teams/

The press release shows First, Second and Third Teams plus others receiving votes.

I did a quick tally of points awarded by large buckets and here were the results:

Players who attended some American College - 2,622 total voting points spread among 25 players
    Players who jumped from American High Schools to the Pros - 2,187 total voting points spread among 9 players
    Ex-US players - 591 total voting points spread among 8 players

Our lone vote getter was Luol. Only a few colleges had more than one player getting votes - Texas, Florida, Wake, Kentucky, UCLA

First Team:
    LBJ, Durant, Howard, Kobe, Paul

Second Team:
    Love, Griffin, Bynum, Parker, Westbrook

Third Team:
    Melo, Dirk, Chandler, Wade, Rondo

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post

First Team:

Second Team:

Third Team:

Maybe it is just me, but the third team looks like it would destroy the 2nd team in a game.

Kind of funny to think about that the first team is our Olympic starting line-up, minus Dwight of course. So that's neat.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    First Team:

Second Team:

Third Team:
    Dwight Howard should not have been first team. He quit on his team and sulked all year. He showed a remarkable lack of character this year. Very disappointing.

If they did not require a true center on the list, I'd bump Kevin Love up to the first team. He had an amazing year, averaging 26 and 13. The NBA needs to change the rules and allow the top 5 vote getters to be first team. In fact, either Love, Chandler, Bynum or Blake would be better on first team than Dwight "Wahhh" Howard.

Quote Originally Posted by superdave View Post
    Dwight Howard should not have been first team. He quit on his team and sulked all year. He showed a remarkable lack of character this year. Very disappointing.

If they did not require a true center on the list, I'd bump Kevin Love up to the first team. He had an amazing year, averaging 26 and 13. The NBA needs to change the rules and allow the top 5 vote getters to be first team. In fact, either Love, Chandler, Bynum or Blake would be better on first team than Dwight "Wahhh" Howard.
    Agree that Howard should not have been first team this year. I also think that DH's status as the game's top center these days is more a reflection on the dearth of talent at the position than on his "greatness". He is an excellent rebounder and shotblocker, but 8 years into his pro career, remains an incredibly crude player on offense, with nothing resembling a "go to" move. And I can't help thinking that those shot blocking and rebounding totals are padded at least somewhat by the lack of quality, traditional low post play around the league these days (all natural bigs seem to want to be face-up PFs if not SFs these days, etc.). I think that Hakeem or Shaq in their primes would have eaten Howard alive. Maybe even David Robinson or Ewing too. And don't even get me started on Kareem or Wilt.