Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Welcome to Duke, Amile Jefferson!

Welcome! Here's to a fine career!

-jk

As an aside

Dad looks great in a Duke cap. I look forward to seeing him in the stands for the next few years.

Yeah! It Is DUKE!!!!

Terrible sound quality on the video - I didn't know for sure until I saw the hats!
    From what I could hear he sure seems articulte and thoughtful.

I'm proposing another theory: Duke is the kind of school that grows on you. It seems like the kids who think about these decisions until very late in the process (mid-May) more often choose Duke... Thinking Lance Thomas and Amile.

Welcome to Duke Amile. Great to have you, and looking forward to great things next year!!!
    Very welcome news for Duke recruiting! Sets the stage nicely for the (looking strong) 2013 and 2014 classes...

Excited for next year

I know many have already stated this, but I'm really looking forward to next years TEAM. I think we will see a lot more team ball. Welcome to Duke Amile and good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by cbnaylor View Post
    I know many have already stated this, but I'm really looking forward to next years TEAM. I think we will see a lot more team ball. Welcome to Duke Amile and good luck.
    This x2.

WooHoo!

Quote Originally Posted by -bdbd View Post
    Terrible sound quality on the video - I didn't know for sure until I saw the hats! From what I could hear he sure seems articulte and thoughtful.

I'm proposing another theory: Duke is the kind of school that grows on you. It seems like the kids who think about these decisions until very late in the process (mid-May) more often choose Duke... Thinking Lance Thomas and Amile.

Welcome to Duke Amile. Great to have you, and looking forward to great things next year!!!
    Very welcome news for Duke recruiting! Sets the stage nicely for the (looking strong) 2013 and 2014 classes...
    Boy, you're right about the sound quality...after he announced, I couldn't make out the words, but I was pretty sure his choice was (one syllable) University...looked good for our side.

Kudos to Amile for showing up on time, not doing the hat shuffle thing, and announcing it straight out.
    I'm no longer bothered by how long this process took.

Welcome, indeed!

Yesssss!!!!

He was definitely the one I wanted the most. The guy has skills and is very very long. He is exactly what Duke needs. I bet he plays minutes from day 1. He may even get minutes over Hairston and Murph (less likely).

In a few years our team will be ridiculous:

Marshall
    Amile
    Murp
    Jones
    Sulaimon

That's a very nice core.

The freshman (including redshirts) class looks pretty darned good doesn't it?

Welcome Amile. I think you'll like it at Duke.

I don't know why but this makes me really happy! Really helps complete our roster.

WOOOOHOOOO! Welcome Amile! His length will be fantastic for years to come and there is really room for him to have a nice role next year. Best thing is that he seems to be a very smart kid with his priorities straight, unlike a lot of 'student' athletes these days. Should be another excellent addition to the Duke family.

Here is an article where Andrew speaks of what kind of player and kid Amile Jefferson is - http://bluedevilnation.net/2012/05/p...erson-to-duke/ Big, much needed grab for Duke.

Good but not Great (It's the way to go!)

Amile Jefferson is a good player, but not a great one - yet... We need his length and athleticism, and because he is not great, we will have him for three or four years... Bazz would have been one and done... This team is shaping up to be a strong one - again I say it will be a better TEAM than last year... Let the games begin...

Quote Originally Posted by watzone View Post
    Here is an article where Andrew speaks of what kind of player and kid Amile Jefferson is - http://bluedevilnation.net/2012/05/p...erson-to-duke/ Big, much needed grab for Duke.
    Thanks, Mark...now 'fess up; did you have a good idea how this recruitment was going to play out?

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    Thanks, Mark...now 'fess up; did you have a good idea how this recruitment was going to play out?
    I started getting good vibes last evening and Jefferson never said a thing negative to Duke to my knowledge. We work the philly are sources when necessary. But nobody knew for sure until it came out of his mouth. We were confident enough to have an article ready to go. Everybody sold Duke short, even their own fans.

Kept Quiet

I kept quiet while this was going on but can say that I am very pleased with Amile's decision. I think it will be good for him and for the team, a win/win situation. Depending on Andre's decision, we have a great need for a small forward to supplement where we are currently low on players. While he is thin right now, he will strengthen under the Duke physical training program and he has the physical tools to become a fine college player. Welcome to him and to his family.

lives near a number of big white buildings

Welcome and congratulations

Welcome, Amile ! I think you and Duke are both going to benefit from this smart choice. You're going to help Duke achieve (and love the time you invest in the Duke experience) and K and the staff are going to help you develop and stand out!

I see very good things ahead. And, frankly, I thought you would choose Duke because I've had the impression your intelligence makes you a good decision maker...an element of you that will prove valuable throughout your basketball future as well.

Great news! Can't wait to see him out there.

I think it's funny how NCSU fans are overreacting. Was their top 5 class already not enough? And CJ Leslie coming back?

Maybe they should focus on maintaining respectability rather than expecting it.

Congratulations to Amile and welcome to Duke! I've been quiet about his recruitment but now that he's in the family, I'm delighted to see him coming to Duke. He'll provide some depth at the 3/4 positions, and may well grow into a starting option at the 4 as an athletic stretch player giving us a tall, athletic combination at the 3/4 with Alex for the next couple seasons. Add that to Marshall in the low post and, regardless how the 2013 class shapes up, we'll have a nice front line.

Quote Originally Posted by FerryFor50 View Post
    I think it's funny how NCSU fans are overreacting. Was their top 5 class already not enough? And CJ Leslie coming back?

Maybe they should focus on maintaining respectability rather than expecting it.

Yeah, NC State is just fine. They got Rodney Purvis who is one of the best scorers in the country coming in to compliment CJ Leslie.

A great pickup for us though! So happy to know we got our Lance Thomas clone in