Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Welcome to Duke, Amile Jefferson!

Welcome! Here's to a fine career!

-jk

As an aside

Dad looks great in a Duke cap. I look forward to seeing him in the stands for the next few years.

Yeah! It Is DUKE!!!!

Terrible sound quality on the video - I didn't know for sure until I saw the hats!
    From what I could hear he sure seems articulte and thoughtful.

I'm proposing another theory: Duke is the kind of school that grows on you. It seems like the kids who think about these decisions until very late in the process (mid-May) more often choose Duke... Thinking Lance Thomas and Amile.

Welcome to Duke Amile. Great to have you, and looking forward to great things next year!!!
    Very welcome news for Duke recruiting! Sets the stage nicely for the (looking strong) 2013 and 2014 classes...

Excited for next year

I know many have already stated this, but I'm really looking forward to next years TEAM. I think we will see a lot more team ball. Welcome to Duke Amile and good luck.

WOOOOHOOOO! Welcome Amile! His length will be fantastic for years to come and there is really room for him to have a nice role next year. Best thing is that he seems to be a very smart kid with his priorities straight, unlike a lot of 'student' athletes these days. Should be another excellent addition to the Duke family.

Quote Originally Posted by cbnaylor View Post
    I know many have already stated this, but I'm really looking forward to next years TEAM. I think we will see a lot more team ball. Welcome to Duke Amile and good luck.
    This x2.

WooHoo!

Quote Originally Posted by -bdbd View Post
    Terrible sound quality on the video - I didn't know for sure until I saw the hats! From what I could hear he sure seems articulte and thoughtful.

I'm proposing another theory: Duke is the kind of school that grows on you. It seems like the kids who think about these decisions until very late in the process (mid-May) more often choose Duke... Thinking Lance Thomas and Amile.

Welcome to Duke Amile. Great to have you, and looking forward to great things next year!!!
    Very welcome news for Duke recruiting! Sets the stage nicely for the (looking strong) 2013 and 2014 classes...
    Boy, you're right about the sound quality...after he announced, I couldn't make out the words, but I was pretty sure his choice was (one syllable) University...looked good for our side.

Kudos to Amile for showing up on time, not doing the hat shuffle thing, and announcing it straight out.
    I'm no longer bothered by how long this process took.

Welcome, indeed!

Yesssss!!!!

He was definitely the one I wanted the most. The guy has skills and is very very long. He is exactly what Duke needs. I bet he plays minutes from day 1. He may even get minutes over Hairston and Murph (less likely).

In a few years our team will be ridiculous:

Marshall
    Amile
    Murp
    Jones
    Sulaimon

That's a very nice core.

The freshman (including redshirts) class looks pretty darned good doesn't it?

Welcome Amile. I think you'll like it at Duke.

Here is an article where Andrew speaks of what kind of player and kid Amile Jefferson is - http://bluedevilnation.net/2012/05/p...erson-to-duke/ Big, much needed grab for Duke.

Good but not Great (It's the way to go!)

Amile Jefferson is a good player, but not a great one - yet... We need his length and athleticism, and because he is not great, we will have him for three or four years... Bazz would have been one and done... This team is shaping up to be a strong one - again I say it will be a better TEAM than last year... Let the games begin...

Quote Originally Posted by watzone View Post
    Here is an article where Andrew speaks of what kind of player and kid Amile Jefferson is - http://bluedevilnation.net/2012/05/p...erson-to-duke/ Big, much needed grab for Duke.
    Thanks, Mark...now 'fess up; did you have a good idea how this recruitment was going to play out?

I don't know why but this makes me really happy! Really helps complete our roster.

It is going to be so nice watching a team with a little versatility. Amile will be a nice change of pace off the bench. I could also see him getting big minutes against more mobile PFs if he is ready and picks up the defense.

Great news! Helps contribute quite a bit to the team's size and versatility next year, and hopefully he'll be a stalwart over his 4-year career.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Per Dave Telep's Tweet:

Dave Telep ‏ @DaveTelep
    Just got off with Amile. Kid is more excited than relieved. Excitement came thru phone. NC State pushed Duke hard here. He had tough call

How does Amile compare to silent G?

The various articles linked on the front page have Amile at 6'6, 6'7, 6'8 and 6'9. Hopefully this just means he's still growing. Maybe he's 6'10 by now.

Either way I was glad to read his HS coach quoted as saying he was more comfortable playing with his back to the basket. You don't hear that said about many HS players these days. One recruiting analyst compared his game to Antawn Jamison. I hope he's right!

Quote Originally Posted by lotusland View Post
    The various articles linked on the front page have Amile at 6'6, 6'7, 6'8 and 6'9. Hopefully this just means he's still growing. Maybe he's 6'10 by now.

Either way I was glad to read his HS coach quoted as saying he was more comfortable playing with his back to the basket. You don't hear that said about many HS players these days. One recruiting analyst compared his game to Antawn Jamison. I hope he's right!
    If he is 6'10", I am sure that Daniel Ewing will get an immediate T.

Pack Pride Meltdown

This one really picked me up. Duke hadn't had a commitment in a while, and especially one that was a "surprise" to many (myself probably included). He seems like a quality PERSON, well-spoken and obviously had considered implications on all sides. He fills a specific need at Duke. NCSU was his clear #2.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=178&f...t=8993362&p=12

On a funnier note, Pack Pride is in meltdown mode. I've not been over there much before. But the tone seems pretty different than IC. Not sure how to describe it. IC tone seems more "entitled," whereas PP is more angry/rough-around-the-edges... Lot's of invectives thrown at AJ, and Coach K. To be fair, there are some posters wishing him well too (but that's a minority).

Welcome AJ!!!!

---------------------------

lotusland
    View Profile View Forum Posts Private Message Add as Contact

various articles linked on the front page have Amile at 6'6, 6'7, 6'8 and 6'9. Hopefully this just means he's still growing. Maybe he's 6'10 by now

Lotus: He just grew a couple inches in MY book!!!