ACC-ESPN TV deal

With ESPN securing title sponsorship rights to the ACC Men's Basketball Tournament, does that mean that the tournament will be shown exclusively on ESPN, and not simulcast on RayCom affiliates within the ACC footprint any more? To me, that would be a shame -- I generally prefer the RayCom announcers over Vitale, et al., and there's also the historical angle.

Of course, it hasn't really been the same since "Sail with the Pilot" and every other ad was Dinah Shore for Holly Farms or Tom Smith for Food Lion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom B. View Post
    With ESPN securing title sponsorship rights to the ACC Men's Basketball Tournament, does that mean that the tournament will be shown exclusively on ESPN, and not simulcast on RayCom affiliates within the ACC footprint any more? To me, that would be a shame -- I generally prefer the RayCom announcers over Vitale, et al., and there's also the historical angle.

Of course, it hasn't really been the same since "Sail with the Pilot" and every other ad was Dinah Shore for Holly Farms or Tom Smith for Food Lion.
    Wait! That wasn't Terry Holland on the Food Lion ads?

Get on Board!

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Wait! That wasn't Terry Holland on the Food Lion ads?

-jk
    I always wondered how he did both.

I used to have that "Sail with the Pilot" jingle memorized, I saw it so often. The reference here prodded me to try to remember it now ... and I'm failing miserably. Another senior moment

Quote Originally Posted by 75Crazie View Post
    I used to have that "Sail with the Pilot" jingle memorized, I saw it so often. The reference here prodded me to try to remember it now ... and I'm failing miserably. Another senior moment
    Enjoy - the full version.

Sail with the Pilot at the wheel
    On a ship sturdy from its mast to its keel.
    He guides through storm and wave,
    Insures you while you save.

Sail with the Pilot o'er the seas,
    He's got plans for every growing family.
    Worries are far behind you
    There's really peace of mind, too.

When you sail with the Pilot all the way,
    So get on board the Pilot ship today!

wait...so i can get rid of this now?

images-1.jpeg
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by Tom B. View Post

All games will continue to be shown nationally on an ESPN station and syndicated nationally over the air on the ACC Network (no blackouts of either feed; no regional restrictions). It will just be the Dr. Pepper ACC Tournament.or.Chik-fil-A ACC Tournament.

Hard to believe it's been 31 years since Jim Thacker called an ACC game. He will always be the voice of the ACC for me.