Chris Collins Interviewed on Dave Glenn

http://www.accsports.com/blogs/david...lins-may-4.php

Great interview with Dave Glen, particularly towards the end when Collins responds to some negative recruiting/Wojo questions. I thought Chris addressed Duke's big man recruiting really well, noting that the two starting power forwards in the game he was headed to (Bulls vs. 76ers) both went to Duke. Pretty solid argument.

It was interesting to hear Collins' explanation that he had such strong emotional ties to Illinois State that he felt that he couldn't take the job.

Note: I was sad to hear a sports journalist misuse the word soliloquy. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Edouble View Post
    http://www.accsports.com/blogs/david...lins-may-4.php

Great interview with Dave Glen, particularly towards the end when Collins responds to some negative recruiting/Wojo questions. I thought Chris addressed Duke's big man recruiting really well, noting that the two starting power forwards in the game he was headed to (Bulls vs. 76ers) both went to Duke. Pretty solid argument.

It was interesting to hear Collins' explanation that he had such strong emotional ties to Illinois State that he felt that he couldn't take the job.

Note: I was sad to hear a sports journalist misuse the word soliloquy. Ugh.
    Sort of a side issue, but given the number of sports journalists who say "between you and I" I'm not shocked to hear one misuse "soliloquy." But I heartily agree with the "ugh."

Quote Originally Posted by MCFinARL View Post
    Sort of a side issue, but given the number of sports journalists who say "between you and I" I'm not shocked to hear one misuse "soliloquy." But I heartily agree with the "ugh."
    Don't get me started on this or I'll totally hijack this thread. It's so common and so irritating to I.

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    Don't get me started on this or I'll totally hijack this thread. It's so common and so irritating to I.
    Me and the OP know just what you mean.

Sadly, it's not just sports journalists. Practically nobody seems to understand the differences among the various cases of pronouns. (And don't get me started about using an unnecessary apostrophe to make a plural.)

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin View Post
    Sadly, it's not just sports journalists. Practically nobody seems to understand the differences among the various cases of pronouns. (And don't get me started about using an unnecessary apostrophe to make a plural.)
    No, don't get ME started on that one. I teach college writing and can report that many, many people apparently believe that plurals contain apostrophes and possessives do not.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    No, don't get ME started on that one. I teach college writing and can report that many, many people apparently believe that plurals contain apostrophes and possessives do not.
    Guilty as charged! I always screw up when and when not to use apostrophes, and a few readers have clued me into that fact via the comment feature. So I now "apostrophe" with caution!

On a serious note, Hubert Davis was on with Dave Glenn today and it was a great interview. He raved about his "close friend" Jay Bilas, and stated that "Jay Bilas is the best basketball analyst in the business and it's not even close".

Kind of hard to hate the guy after listening to that interview to be honest. Classy, and humble, man. Too bad he chose the wrong shade of blue!

Quote Originally Posted by Newton_14 View Post
    Guilty as charged! I always screw up when and when not to use apostrophes, and a few readers have clued me into that fact via the comment feature. So I now "apostrophe" with caution!

On a serious note, Hubert Davis was on with Dave Glenn today and it was a great interview. He raved about his "close friend" Jay Bilas, and stated that "Jay Bilas is the best basketball analyst in the business and it's not even close".

Kind of hard to hate the guy after listening to that interview to be honest. Classy, and humble, man. Too bad he chose the wrong shade of blue!
    Whew! Thanks for getting us back on topic (the Dave Glenn part of the topic, at least) and sharing that interesting tidbit. Hubert Davis has never been my favorite commentator, but he has always come across as a nice guy (despite that one major error), and this would seem to confirm it.