New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley

New Bern Art Walk and BOA Juried Art Show

If any art lovers are close enough to New Bern, NC this weekend, they are having their monthly Art Walk, featuring several local galleries. One of them is hosting their annual juried show, which I was lucky enough to have a painting selected for. The juror (Lia Newman) got her masters at Duke...although I did not try to persuade her with one of my Duke paintings! 293 works were submitted, only 60 were chosen, so I feel pretty honored.
    The show runs through June 28th at the Bank of the Arts, the Art Walk is from 5-8 this Friday (May 11th).
    http://www.cravenarts.org/boa-juried-art-show.html

The painting of mine that was chosen is titled "Night In Ghent". (That's a local historic neighborhood here.)

NightInGhent.jpg

I sooooo wanted to enter one of my Duke paintings!
    DukePA would have looked good on their wall.

DukeDonnaMed.jpg
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    If any art lovers are close enough to New Bern, NC this weekend, they are having their monthly Art Walk, featuring several local galleries. One of them is hosting their annual juried show, which I was lucky enough to have a painting selected for. The juror (Lia Newman) got her masters at Duke...although I did not try to persuade her with one of my Duke paintings! 293 works were submitted, only 60 were chosen, so I feel pretty honored.
    The show runs through June 28th at the Bank of the Arts, the Art Walk is from 5-8 this Friday (May 11th).
    http://www.cravenarts.org/boa-juried-art-show.html

The painting of mine that was chosen is titled "Night In Ghent". (That's a local historic neighborhood here.)

NightInGhent.jpg

I sooooo wanted to enter one of my Duke paintings!
    DukePA would have looked good on their wall.

DukeDonnaMed.jpg
    Bill Brill and 2 knuckleheads annoying him from a Brunchgate a couple years ago would have been a good one, too ;>)) .
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Bill Brill and 2 knuckleheads annoying him from a Brunchgate a couple years ago would have been a good one, too ;>)) .
    Yeah, well that one and DukePA are going into the tailgating cookbook, so you'll be adorning Duke blue kitchens across America. Or at least Durham.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Yeah, well that one and DukePA are going into the tailgating cookbook, so you'll be adorning Duke blue kitchens across America. Or at least Durham.
    When will the cookbook be out and will it be available to us furiners who live further south?

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    When will the cookbook be out and will it be available to us furiners who live further south?
    It will be out right after I figure out how we'll publish it..lol. I'm actually done with all the paintings for it (I've got 13) and my tailgating/chef partner has bazillions of original recipes to choose from, and a certain beer guy I know (named DevilDeac) has tons of reviews and suggestions, it's just a matter of finding publishers to talk to. Duke University Press seems to only do academic work, but they may be worth talking to.
    The purpose of the book is to entice people out on game day to bring their own tailgate parties to Wallace Wade, so we've given them a head start in what we know works well on the grill since we cook for upwards of 80+ people a game. The paintings simply add to the atmosphere and the spirit of the book. (But all of this is for another thread. )

It will be out right after I figure out how we'll publish it..lol. I'm actually done with all the paintings for it (I've got 13) and my tailgating/chef partner has bazillions of original recipes to choose from, and a certain beer guy I know (named DevilDeac) has tons of reviews and suggestions, it's just a matter of finding publishers to talk to. Duke University Press seems to only do academic work, but they may be worth talking to.
    The purpose of the book is to entice people out on game day to bring their own tailgate parties to Wallace Wade, so we've given them a head start in what we know works well on the grill since we cook for upwards of 80+ people a game. The paintings simply add to the atmosphere and the spirit of the book. (But all of this is for another thread. )
    Thanks for the info.

Maybe you can get a group to make like Monks and copy the darn thing. (I am not volunteering, though. )

I stopped in the gallery on the way home to see everything that got submitted since they are putting it all on sale for today only, including those that didn't get juried in. So I learned that not only did my painting get accepted, but it also won an award (I don't know what until Friday night) and I learned that it was SOLD!!!! They had a pre-sale viewing party for bigwig art collectors Saturday night and my painting was bought then by a husband and wife.

I stopped in the gallery on the way home to see everything that got submitted since they are putting it all on sale for today only, including those that didn't get juried in. So I learned that not only did my painting get accepted, but it also won an award (I don't know what until Friday night) and I learned that it was SOLD!!!! They had a pre-sale viewing party for bigwig art collectors Saturday night and my painting was bought then by a husband and wife.
    Congratulations. That is terrific.

When the cookbook comes out, you will advertise on DBR, won't you? Are you doing pairings, ie matching the food recipe with a particular beer?

Put me down for one and tell me where to send my money.
    ~rthomas

Quote Originally Posted by rthomas View Post
    When the cookbook comes out, you will advertise on DBR, won't you? Are you doing pairings, ie matching the food recipe with a particular beer?
    Our resident beer expert and reviewer DevilDeac will have tons of suggestions. Ymm, beer!

Quote Originally Posted by rthomas View Post

Put me down for one and tell me where to send my money.
    Our resident beer expert and reviewer DevilDeac will have tons of suggestions. Ymm, beer!
    CB&B is correct. I will be hoppy (sic) to oblige.

drinkingcheers.gif
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

award.jpg

I've been on cloud nine all night. There is some amazingly great art in that show.

I've been on cloud nine all night.
    You deserve to be on Cloud Nine (great George Harrison album by the way). Congratulations!
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Woohoo!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com