Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
Congrats Dave and Mrs. Dave!
Thank you all! Now to start brainwashing her to cheer for Duke and for State (for my wife), against UNC, and vote Republican.

Although if my 3 year old heard about Romney's Sesame Street remark, she'd be an Obama supporter in a heartbeat.

And speaking of the Sesame Street remark, this is a classic example of dumb politics. I thought Romney had an exceptional debate and did a great job delivering a message that he wanted the POTUS job to help all Americans, especially the middle class, by job creation. But the Sesame Street remark, while humorous, was dumb. Even if you feel that PBS is a waste of tax dollars, it's a tiny part of a massive federal budget. Are we going to solve our debt problem by eliminating PBS? It's just not a hill worth dying on. But for a party that stuggles to get the "mom" vote, do you really want to make a remark implying the absolute all-time most popular kids show is going to get the ax if you're elected?

Of course, realistically, if PBS were gone today, Sesame Street would be fine. But it was dumb politics for Romney to go there at all.