Quote Originally Posted by Azdukefan View Post
In terms of Jabari, there really would be no way that he would stay at Duke for more than one year. I'm sure very few of you know the process for going on a Mormon mission but essentially you apply when you turn 19 and leave shortly thereafter. Upon return, Jabari would be 21 and enter the NBA. This type of commitment is a huge sacrifice on his career and even more of a reason that I think this kid belongs at Duke.

As far as becoming a "one and done factory," I think we will continue to have at least one of these players every other year (minimum). I personally am not a fan of it but, it is the way of NCAA basketball.
Note that Parker hasn't committed to the idea of doing a mission. It's just a possibility. Not all Mormons go on missions. Jimmer Fredette, for example, did not. Nor did Chris Burgess. As far as I've read, Parker has not ruled out the possibility of going on a Mormon mission, but has certainly not decided to do one. So being a "two-and-done" is still very much a possibility.