Goal for Dawkins to be "at his very best" as a player, person

Fayetteville paper had some Duke stories today, with one about Andre and also an injury update on Ryan kelly

http://www.fayobserver.com/articles/...?sac=fo.sports

Here was a general piece about how transfers, the NBA, late signees have impacted the outlook for 12-13

Quote Originally Posted by fayfan20 View Post
    Fayetteville paper had some Duke stories today, with one about Andre and also an injury update on Ryan kelly

Here was a general piece about how transfers, the NBA, late signees have impacted the outlook for 12-13
    Thanks FayFan. We seem to have some serious trouble with these fifth metatarsals!? Brand, Paulus, Zoubek and Kelly have all broken them, and Boozer broke his 3rd metatarsal in 2001. I guess the good news is, given the recovery history of those guys, Kelly should be 100% well before the preseason and hopefully will only miss ~1/2 the offseason to work on his game.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkyJ View Post
    Thanks FayFan. We seem to have some serious trouble with these fifth metatarsals!? Brand, Paulus, Zoubek and Kelly have all broken them, and Boozer broke his 3rd metatarsal in 2001. I guess the good news is, given the recovery history of those guys, Kelly should be 100% well before the preseason and hopefully will only miss ~1/2 the offseason to work on his game.
    Plus, didn't Grant have a sixth toe or something strange like that?

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Plus, didn't Grant have a sixth toe or something strange like that?
    As many great games/plays that Grant made, I thought he had a sixth sense, never a sixth toe. My recollection of Grant's injuries include a pretty serious turf toe but not nearly as bad as Kyrie's, in addition to a high ankle sprain. Well, then there was that broken nose from a late night Tony Lang elbow (forearm?) during a particularly rigorous practice that followed a less than stellar outing in Hooville one evening.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Maybe

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    As many great games/plays that Grant made, I thought he had a sixth sense, never a sixth toe. My recollection of Grant's injuries include a pretty serious turf toe but not nearly as bad as Kyrie's, in addition to a high ankle sprain. Well, then there was that broken nose from a late night Tony Lang elbow (forearm?) during a particularly rigorous practice that followed a less than stellar outing in Hooville one evening.
    I think Grant had foot surgery after his junior year, following his foot injury that year, and an extra bone was removed. But I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    I think Grant had foot surgery after his junior year, following his foot injury that year, and an extra bone was removed. But I could be wrong.
    This is my recollection as well, twenty years later. I think Hill had an extra bone or perhaps something along the lines of a bone that did not fuse properly when he was young.

Grant as a Baby

Quote Originally Posted by superdave View Post
    This is my recollection as well, twenty years later. I think Hill had an extra bone or perhaps something along the lines of a bone that did not fuse properly when he was young.
    Father Calvin Hill tells the story that, when he was a baby, Grant was severely bow-legged. One orthopedist (Cowboy physician, perhaps) suggested that his legs should be broken and reset. Mom Janet was totally horrified and, of course, nothing was done.

sage