Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39474849
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Tex Devil View Post
    Miami was clearly a better team, and the Thunder just don't have the moxie yet that the Celtics do to slow the Heat down, ugly the game up and stay with them. The Thunder would have boat raced the Celtics, though.

Reading this thread, it reminds me how reactionary the NBA press (and society can be).

Heat go down 2-1 to Pacers - They're done. LeBron's a failure
    Heat go down to Celtics - They're done. LeBron's a failure
    Heat lose first game to Thunder - They're done. Lebron's a failure

I was rooting for the Thunder, but against any Western Conference team other than the Rockets, I would have rooted for the Heat. LeBron had a moment of tone deafness, a couple of statements made in frustration stemming from losses, and the gall not to be an ultra competitive a-hole like Jordan, and somehow he's less of a person. Dude is a pretty class act in my book. Congrats.
    Was it two, or three weeks ago that the Spurs had the title sewn up? Not that OKC had a chance, but the Western Conference finals was the de facto finals as whoever came out of the west was going to win the title. I thought and hoped the Spurs were going to win it all, but I guess that is why they play the games.

Quote Originally Posted by PauRocky View Post
    On a different note, don't see too many commercials featuring Battier, but here's one he did relative to the foundation he's had (from Duke, IMO
    Battier is huge in China! They Chinese sports world is likely touting Battier as the reason Lebron finally won. You make make a lot of money with endorsements- even if it is in China. Again Shane is always one step ahead of everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieTiger View Post
    No doubt, but the guy went out of his way to mention his past mistakes and immaturity in the post game interview. While we don't have to look past those past mistakes and incidents of being a sore loser, we can also acknowledge the possibility of personal growth and acknowledge that he didn't have to take the time to talk to Durant, et al like that. After finally achieving some vindication, finally getting a ring, it would have been very easy to just thump his chest and celebrate. Just my opinion, of course.
    I would have to agree with you. Granted they didn't show Wade at every moment like they did James but Wade was jumping on the scoreboard while James was giving everyone not just a handshake but words of encouragement. And it isn't like James is the first person to be accused of being a poor sport. Heck, I don't think MJ shook hands in '86 (could be wrong) but the media didn't care as much back then. Similar with Isaiah Thomas (granted he got a bit more grief) but not nearly the amount LeBron has received. Heck, I don't think Peyton Manning shook Drew Brees hands at the end of the Superbowl. I understand if you are from Cleveland why you'd hate LeBron just like why most around here will always hate Harrison Barnes but for everyone else not sure how LeBron has wronged them so much.

We have tons of stories about athletes doing terrible things all the time and yet this guy did what exactly and is probably more hated than anyone else? He definitely deserves criticism but people seem to discount the possibility that he has changed/learned from his prior mistakes in the same way other players learn from their mistakes. Personally, I just think LeBron was a kid who surrounded himself with some bad advisers and showed some immaturity we often see in the recruiting world, he just happened to do it at age 27. Not that he isn't at fault but perhaps that is one thing he would have learned from college as I suspect Harrison Barnes learned a bit from the way he handled his last "decision". I think we've seen LeBron mature before our eyes and just b/c it took him 8 years it almost seems like we hate him b/c he wasn't the next Kobe or MJ even though he had all the physical tools. But I won't fault him for that and I almost feel bad for him b/c not everyone is MJ or Kobe and I think LeBron is fine the way he is.

Putting LeBron James' 2012 NBA playoff performance in perspective:

James scored 697 points and pulled down 224 rebounds, to lead all NBA players in these categories (he was a distant second in assists to Rondo).

The 697 points are the most scored in an NBA since AI scored 723 in 2001, and the 5th highest total points in NBA history. Jordan only scored more points in a playoffs once, in 1992. Hakeem in 1995, Shaq in 2000, and AI in 2001 are the others.

The last time any player lead the playoffs in both rebounding and points was Tim Duncan in 2005.

LeBron's 5.8 Win Shares are the second highest in NBA history, behind only Tim Duncan in 2003 who had a 5.9, and the only player with a playoff Win Share above 5 is Dirk Nowitzki in 2006 with a 5.4.