From Yahoo's Eric Adelson. A paean to Inge.

I know I always hated seeing Inge come up against the A's in a clutch situation. He seemed to always be dangerous. I just knew he'd crack out a ringing double. Plus, he played extremely well in the field, both as a catcher and as a third baseman. He deserved his all-star status. Beyond that, he always presented himself as decent person. He was a credit to the Tigers, for whom he played his entire 12-year career.

So why have the fans turned? And why does Adelson need to defend him? Players do get old and lose out to the young. No reason to turn on them. Give a guy like Inge a graceful exit.

As an A's fan, I say this even though the A's are reportedly looking at Inge to fill a hole at 3B. I doubt Inge is the answer here, but maybe he will be able to refresh himself with a new team. Still, I think Inge's body is too beaten up for all he gave to the Tigs and I have my doubts that he can offer much to a new team.

Allow this man his dignity and recognize his contributions to Detroit. He had a great run in Motown.