Congratulations to Women's Golf

ACC has named Duke Women's Golf Coach, Dan Brooks, coach of the year and junior Lindy Duncan, player of the year. Laetitia Beck was named All-ACC.

lives near a number of big white buildings
    Quote Originally Posted by fitimi1 View Post
    ACC has named Duke Women's Golf Coach, Dan Brooks, coach of the year and junior Lindy Duncan, player of the year. Laetitia Beck was named All-ACC.
    Great news! I'll confess I don't happen to follow women's golf closely on a regular basis but I am always delighted to hear truly important news of great success by all Duke teams!

Congratulations to Coach Brooks and the two players honored!! <<Edit added...and to the entire women's golf team...who in various ways no doubt communicated to helping to make these honors possible>>

NCAA Regionals next

The Duke Women's Golf team next plays in the Eastern Regional tournament at Penn State from May 10 to 12.

As noted in this piece from goduke.com, the Blue Devils are seeded #3 and must finish in the top 8 teams to advance to the NCAA championships.

The team is ranked #8 nationally, and junior Lindy Duncan is ranked #1.

Congratz

I do follow the women's golf team and have met the players and staff. Great gals and wonderful representatives for Duke.

SoCal

Coach Dan Brooks

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDukeFan View Post
    I do follow the women's golf team and have met the players and staff. Great gals and wonderful representatives for Duke.

SoCal
    I concur. Coach Brooks is a friend of mine and I cannot say enough positive things about him. He has tremendous integrity and character and is just a great guy overall. One of the best collegiate women's golf coaches of all time, too. We are lucky to have him at Duke.

Big problem for Duke

Alejandra Cangrejo suffered an injury and had to withdraw from today's round. In college golf you have 5 players and count the 4 best scores, so with only 4 golfers Duke is at a severe disadvantage in the Regionals.

Duke finished the first day tied for 11th. Need to be in the top 8 ( I think) to advance to the NCAA Championships. It can be done.

Lindy Duncan is 1 over, 6 shots back in the individual competition.

SoCal

In 4th place midway through the second of three rounds.

http://www.golfstatresults.com//publ...ail3_3454.html

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    In 4th place midway through the second of three rounds.

http://www.golfstatresults.com//publ...ail3_3454.html
    Duke now in third with three of our golfers having finished 12 holes and one having finished 15. Lindy Duncan is currently at -2 on the day after 12 and in a three way tie for second place individually. The whole team is doing very well today; hopefully they can finish the round well also.

Women in the Hunt

Quote Originally Posted by MCFinARL View Post
    Duke now in third with three of our golfers having finished 12 holes and one having finished 15. Lindy Duncan is currently at -2 on the day after 12 and in a three way tie for second place individually. The whole team is doing very well today; hopefully they can finish the round well also.
    Duke has finished for the day in fifth place. The team was second lowest in the field with +5. Not bad, since Duke had four golfers and every other team had five.

Duke has a six-shot lead on the ninth place team going into the final round tomorrow. The top eight teams go to nationals.

Let's go Duke!

sagegrouse

Made it!

Looks like the women finished in a tie for 6th and will advance to the NCAA championships.

http://www.golfstatresults.com/publi.../team3454.html

As usual, they were led by Lindy Duncan, who finished 3rd in the individual scoring.
    Don't know if Cangrejo will be back for the NCAA tournament; playing with 4 is a serious disadvantage.

Duke currently in a three-way tie for sixth, having finished their third and final round. The closest teams still on the court are 12 strokes back.

Well done, ladies!