Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio

    Director's Cup Standings - 2012

    The final winter standings are out, and Duke currently stands in 17th place overall.

    The spring sports are poised to have a big couple of months, so I suspect we will be able to move up quite a bit with m/w lacrosse, tennis, and golf, among others.

    Here's the current top 10, and other relevant schools:

    1) Stanford
    2) Ohio State
    3) Penn State
    4) Florida
    5) M*chigan
    6) Minnesota
    7) Florida State
    8) North C*rolina
    9) Texas
    10) Wisconsin

    14) Notre Dame
    17) Duke
    26) Maryland
    30) Virginia
    33) Virginia Tech
    39) Boston College
    41) N.C. State
    58) Miami (FL)
    67) Clemson
    81) Wake Forest

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Corey View Post
    5) M*chigan
    ...
    8) North C*rolina
    I'm curious: why does Michigan also get the asterisk treatment?
    "With seven national titles and 20 Final Fours in the 64-team NCAA Tournament era, Duke and UNC have had more playoff success than any other CONFERENCE." - Al Featherston

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by Jderf View Post
    I'm curious: why does Michigan also get the asterisk treatment?
    Educated guess: Mike is from Columbus and attends Law school at tOSU

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Mobile, Alabama
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Corey View Post
    The final winter standings are out, and Duke currently stands in 17th place overall.

    The spring sports are poised to have a big couple of months, so I suspect we will be able to move up quite a bit with m/w lacrosse, tennis, and golf, among others.

    Here's the current top 10, and other relevant schools:

    1) Stanford
    2) Ohio State
    3) Penn State
    4) Florida
    5) M*chigan
    6) Minnesota
    7) Florida State
    8) North C*rolina
    9) Texas
    10) Wisconsin

    14) Notre Dame
    17) Duke
    26) Maryland
    30) Virginia
    33) Virginia Tech
    39) Boston College
    41) N.C. State
    58) Miami (FL)
    67) Clemson
    81) Wake Forest
    It continues to amaze me that we are able to reside in this most exclusive neighborhood. A real testament to the entire atlhetic department.

  5. #5

    Duke 17th

    Actually, isn't this a bit below Duke's normal performance?

    I know that some out our strongest sports are still to come, but by my hazy memory, we're usually around 10-12 at this point.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympic Fan View Post
    Actually, isn't this a bit below Duke's normal performance?

    I know that some out our strongest sports are still to come, but by my hazy memory, we're usually around 10-12 at this point.
    We usually get out of the first round in the NCAAT. Getting to the Sweet 16 would have given us 39 more points, which would have put us in 12th, just ahead of A&M.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

    You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

    You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    North of Durham
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympic Fan View Post
    Actually, isn't this a bit below Duke's normal performance?

    I know that some out our strongest sports are still to come, but by my hazy memory, we're usually around 10-12 at this point.
    I would have thought we would be slightly better as well, based on past experience. Men's basketball obviously usually is scoring a lot more points. In the fall, the two soccer teams and field hockey usually carry us. Women's soccer had a great run to the finals so they were a big scorer. Field Hockey and men's soccer made the second round of the tournament. So between the three, on average, we are probably on track with past years. It is usually the spring sports (tennis, golf and lacrosse) that give us the big final bump, along with a few points from track.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by SilkyJ View Post
    Educated guess: Mike is from Columbus and attends Law school at tOSU
    Correctamundo. And per the DBR rules, vulgarity is prohibited on the boards.

    Our scholar-athletes do so well across the board. That there are so many superstars in sports outside of men's basketball and football is something we can often forget; one of the things I love about Duke fans, though, is that they are always ready to support any and all students and athletes from the school.

    Suffice it to say, we have much to root for.

Similar Threads

  1. BCS standings and ramifications
    By hurleyfor3 in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 146
    Last Post: 12-08-2011, 11:56 AM
  2. Duke finishes 5th in final Director's Cup Standings
    By jimsumner in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-01-2011, 06:48 PM
  3. 2010-11 Director's Cup
    By SCMatt33 in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-04-2010, 06:28 AM
  4. Duke 10th in Director's Cup
    By Olympic Fan in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-05-2010, 10:36 AM
  5. Weird ACC standings
    By DukeWarhead in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 02-05-2008, 09:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •