Wojo Raising his Profile

Have you guys noticed that Wojo is tweeting like a fiend since the end-of-season banquet a few weeks back? The usage seems driven by enjoyment of the medium rather than any deliberate attempt to further brand himself (unless he is really slick). I didn't have him pegged as funny as he is...it's nice to see him put it out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    Have you guys noticed that Wojo is tweeting like a fiend since the end-of-season banquet a few weeks back? The usage seems driven by enjoyment of the medium rather than any deliberate attempt to further brand himself (unless he is really slick). I didn't have him pegged as funny as he is...it's nice to see him put it out there.
    He's also starting to blog. I like it.

Austin Nichols also tweeted for his followers to follow Wojo calling him a "Great coach".

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    Have you guys noticed that Wojo is tweeting like a fiend since the end-of-season banquet a few weeks back?... I didn't have him pegged as funny as he is...
    Wojo had one of the funniest lines in recent memory. I can't remember it perfectly, and actually it needs to be said just right to catch how hilarious it was. I'll try to do it justice, but Wojo's version, especially the timing, is the key.

Sometime in the last year or 2, maybe connected to his international travels with the US team, and also being on the road recruiting, etc., he told a little "story" on himself, with a delicious punch line by his wife. [Maybe it was at end-of-year banquet in 2010?? 2011??]

The story involved his being gone so often in the last several years, and so when his wife got pregnant, Wojo asked her [as he tells it, sheepishly], "Was I there at the time?"

Her response: "Yes, briefly."

Seems to have brought down the house, as well it should have.

Wojo on the Rise?

If "Wojo is raising his profile," does that mean he may soon be tall enough to coach big men?

sage

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    If "Wojo is raising his profile," does that mean he may soon be tall enough to coach big men?

sage
    Only if they limit the size of cinderblocks and forbid morter between them.

My favorite recently was him asking JJ why he had a picture of Zoolander for his Twitter avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichabod Drain View Post
    My favorite recently was him asking JJ why he had a picture of Zoolander for his Twitter avatar.
    thats pretty damn good

Twitter is the epitome of egomania.

Quote Originally Posted by WakeDevil View Post
    not really. its the epitome of 144 character communication.

Quote Originally Posted by WakeDevil View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mdj View Post
    not really. its the epitome of 144 character communication.
    Yeah... Twitter definitely lends itself well to egomaniacs, but I would not say that it is, in itself, the epitome of egomania. Though I'm the kind of egomaniac that does not use Twitter , I know that there are many of us who do, and despite their presence, there is still a ton of legitimate (though brief) communication happening out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jderf View Post
    Yeah... Twitter definitely lends itself well to egomaniacs, but I would not say that it is, in itself, the epitome of egomania. Though I'm the kind of egomaniac that does not use Twitter , I know that there are many of us who do, and despite their presence, there is still a ton of legitimate (though brief) communication happening out there.
    Kinda like written Nextel communication.

back on topic

I think this a great movie by Wojo. It makes him a lot more accessible and 'cool' to the kids he is recruiting. Every little connection with these guys could be good.

Myself, I don't 'tweet' even though I am of the 'facebook generation' (in college when Facebook took off). I do see it as a bit of a ego driver and a place for those with fans to go put out their messages.

For those who speak twitterese, this is pretty funny. "Dad, get off the line!"

Nolan D. Smith ‏ @NdotSmitty
    @MikePosner I'm gonna be in LA next week.. U in town? I gotta some songs i need to sing! Let's get in the booth! Lol
    17h

Mike Posner ‏ @MikePosner
    @NdotSmitty lol yea. ill be there...lets get up for sure.

Steve Wojciechowski ‏ @steve_wojo Close
    @MikePosner @NdotSmitty When can i get in the booth?

Mike Posner ‏ @MikePosner
    @steve_wojo @NdotSmitty lol uh