Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Jimmy Fallon is a HATER!!!!

Who cares

The feeling is mutual. Jimmy Fallon is pretty much the least funny person in show business.

Quote Originally Posted by Vincetaylor View Post
    Who cares
    Normally that's a Needless Post infraction, but in this case that's about the only acceptable response. He stole that shtick from Letterman, btw.

I like it. Pretty funny especially what they say about Dre.
    ~rthomas

Jimmy Fallon? C'mon now, he's just another glorified SNL cast member who doesn't deserve half of the success he has.

In terms of great Late Night Talk Show hosts... it is a short list that stops after Carson and Letterman. (in that order too)

However, I will give Fallon credit for something... the other night, when Howard Stern was his guest, Fallon did an incredible Bob Dylan impression.

Fallon doing Dylan:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-zLxLHG9Vw

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    The feeling is mutual. Jimmy Fallon is pretty much the least funny person in show business.
    Carlos Mencia begs to differ.

Quote Originally Posted by J4Kop99 View Post
    Jimmy Fallon? C'mon now, he's just another glorified SNL cast member who doesn't deserve half of the success he has.

In terms of great Late Night Talk Show hosts... it is a short list that stops after Carson and Letterman. (in that order too)

However, I will give Fallon credit for something... the other night, when Howard Stern was his guest, Fallon did an incredible Bob Dylan impression.

Fallon doing Dylan:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-zLxLHG9Vw
    Personally, I wouldn't mind another Arsenio Hall late night show. The Magic Hour was decent even though Magic spoke like he had marbles in his mouth. And George Lopez is no slouch - he's just not cool enough. If Dave Chappelle went the talk show route he would immediately shut down all competition.

Quote Originally Posted by SupaDave View Post
    Personally, I wouldn't mind another Arsenio Hall late night show. The Magic Hour was decent even though Magic spoke like he had marbles in his mouth. And George Lopez is no slouch - he's just not cool enough. If Dave Chappelle went the talk show route he would immediately shut down all competition.
    George Lopez? I strongy disagree with that. I have actually watched his show a few times and the only word I'm left with is, horrible. It's too corny and forced.

Letterman is so great because he simply does not care at all. He's more famous than 90% of his guests too. He has that New York City attitude.

Carson was just simply amazing. I could go all day describing why he is far and away the best to ever do it.

Leno is a great stand-up but once he starts interviewing, he turns into a robot reading off of a card.

-Magic Johnson didn't do it for me although I will agree that Arsenio had some talent. As for Chappelle... I don't care if he signs on to do a cooking show on Food Network, anything to get that guy back on TV.

Thumbs down

Is he still on the air??

Kinda dopey. Don't like the idea of making fun of college kids' appearances though. Whatever. Not like anybody watches him.

George Lopez? I strongy disagree with that. I have actually watched his show a few times and the only word I'm left with is, horrible. It's too corny and forced.

Letterman is so great because he simply does not care at all. He's more famous than 90% of his guests too. He has that New York City attitude.

Carson was just simply amazing. I could go all day describing why he is far and away the best to ever do it.

Leno is a great stand-up but once he starts interviewing, he turns into a robot reading off of a card.

-Magic Johnson didn't do it for me although I will agree that Arsenio had some talent. As for Chappelle... I don't care if he signs on to do a cooking show on Food Network, anything to get that guy back on TV.
    I definitely agree that Lopez is too forced. But that's because he's not cool - he's about 10 years too old for the job.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperTurkey View Post
    Carlos Mencia begs to differ.
    David Spade may have responded, but who would know?

BTW -- there is a youtube of some comedian who claims that Mencia steals all of his material, and confronted him on stage. Pretty interesting, but certainly NSFW.

I generally don't think Fallon is funny but he does an awesome Neil Young impersonation and that Bob Dylan one is good too.

I actually thought this segment was one of the funnier things I've seen him do. Most of the Coach K stuff was funny and harmless and saying Kyle is what happens when Hulk only gets half mad actually produced an audible laugh from me.

I'm sure Dre has sent this link around to all his locker room pals as well.

When you cheer for a hated team you've got to expect some hate. Getting upset and defensive about some fairly harmless humor like this just makes Duke fans look like whiners.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    BTW -- there is a youtube of some comedian who claims that Mencia steals all of his material, and confronted him on stage. Pretty interesting, but certainly NSFW.
    Yeah, that's the book on Mencia. While we're woefully off topic, I present to you a dissection of Carlos Mencia's relationship with Twitter: 25 Posts Too Unfunny to be Stolen (contains some adult language).

Sorry but I found it hilarious.

Personally i thought it was harmless. I thought the segment as a whole was dumb, but it was fun seeing the guys get poked fun of a little bit, and i would bet that if they have seen it they enjoyed it (especially dre).

I actually love fallon's show, i think he has the most consistently entertaining show on late night. Letterman is the best host when he is on top of his game, but too often anymore he doesn't seem to care and is just going through the motions.

To be fair, in my opinion, our players aren't the best looking people ever.

Jimmy Fallon: a lot of room to talk about people's looks.

For a second I thought you mean Carson Daly, at which point I almost punched the computer screen
    Trinity '09

Ok, well who's at fault here? I think 99% of people, when they hear the words, "greatest late night talk show host" and "carson" in the same sentence... think of Johnny Carson. I honestly can't believe Carson Daly's name popped into your head, no matter what the topic was.

That's frightening to say the least.