Thread: iPad

iPad

Hi all -- what is the best way to use this forum on an iPad? do you just view it in safari? or do folks use any apps to make it easier? thanks!

About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.
    I just view it via Safari. It should automatically load in our "mobile" format. If not, you can set that parameter at the bottom left of each page via the drop-down menu. (Default for non-mobile browsers is our "blue" format.) It works pretty well.

There are no official apps for our boards, and I'm not aware of any good generic board apps that make the experience better or easier, but I'm an amateur with the iPad. If anyone has any recommendations, I'd like to hear them myself!
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

I use Safari as well. It works fine.

DBSTalk.com uses a bulletin board app from http://www.forumrunner.net/ that I have heard is well received. I have no idea how much they charged for that. There is another option for DBR admins to install the Forumrunner software and then board members could purchase the app in the App Store for a couple bucks.

I just downloaded the DBSTalk app to check it out and it's definitely much nicer looking that the default mobile view in safari.
    "Something in my vicinity is Carolina blue and this offends me." - HPR