Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Larry Brown: Formidable Competition Calipari Who? There's a New Kid on the Bloc

Calipari is talented at coaching talent, in particular at helping the-best of the best one and doners prepare for the pros and win big during their year of apprenticeship. The key, in my opinion, to his consistent success at recruiting these budding stars has been getting the top-rate point (who wouldn't want to play with a star point in a pro style game? And, I have to believe that the key to Calipari's considtent success in landing that point year in and year out has been Strickland.

Strickland has left, and he is now with a coach, a developer of talent who can run circles around Cal. The combination of Strickland's ability to mentor a star quality point, to model and teach the dazzling parts of the game, has to have been Calipari's best selling point. Why else did he have Stricland around. If the opportunity to learn the game and play for one of the best teachers the game has ever known was not enough, Larry has Strickland to land the straw; Larry will stir the drink.

Calipari might well be toast. Also, everything points to the fact that Larry intends to use this new gig to go out on top--to win it all again in his very last gig, one that it seems it was not easy for him to land. Yeap, Larry wants him another championship and then ride off into the sunset. I think everybody ought to sit up and take notice of this one.
    Last edited by Newton_14; 04-21-2012 at 06:24 AM.