New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley

TBCC Back In Action--Next Cook-Off Scheduled

We have picked our next competition, this time leaving the comfy confines of REAL barbecue (eastern NC of course!) and heading a bit west to Kings Mountain, NC.
    It is time again for the 16th Annual Firehouse Cook-Off, scheduled this year for April 20 & 21. This year promises to be a great event again as we are a State Championship event. Along with being sponsored again by the Kansas City Barbecue Society, North Carolina Governor has proclaimed this year’s event to be the
    North Carolina Firehouse Barbeque State Championship
    The winner of this year’s event receives an invitation to the American Royal Barbecue Contest and will be eligible for the Jack Daniels Invitational Contest. Sites will be awarded in the order applications are received.
    http://www.kmfire.com/bbqcookoff.htm
    TBCC.jpgTBCC3rd.jpg

If anyone is near Kings Mountain (west of Charlotte) in April, come join us and eat some 'Cue! :happy-bouncyblue:
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Good luck to y'all at the Battle of King's Mountain! I hope you realize, though, that the reason us Lexingtonian's don't include "everything but the squeal" in our barbeque is because shoulders don't have snouts!

Seriously, I can't see you guys not doing well. Mouthwatering barbeque!
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Wooohoooo!!! We are going to be setting up our tents and grills one week from tomorrow! As of now, there are 41 teams participating, which is more than we had for our first competition in Rocky Mount. Check out some of the team names at the link at the top of this thread...there are some great ones. We've all been putting in plenty of practice in the months since I first posted this, and just like any real team we are ready to face some real competition...practice gets old. (But it sure does taste good.)

As a reminder to anyone close enough to King's Mountain to stop in and come say hi either Friday or Saturday, we'll be easy enough to spot. The Duke regalia is an easy give away. And we'll have some great tasting 'cue.

120319014152_301244_228506977204604_227120737343228_562047_1845383381_n.jpg
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

459538_10150834501168000_591292999_11752659_1075500345_o.jpg

We are setup and ready to get smokin'!

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Funny you should mention "smokin' " on today, 4/20, of all days... (jk)

Best of luck to you 4 pitmeisters.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.