Duke football guarantee money? How much did we pay Richmond

Just curious - how much does Duke typically pay an FCS opponent? (Richmond for instance) - if you have a link I would really appreciate that! Someone said 50K elsewhere and I think it is certainly more than that and a link would be great for some proof.

For instance my Furman guys get at least 300 or 400K to get clobbered at Clemson in 2 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by gofurman View Post
    Just curious - how much does Duke typically pay an FCS opponent? (Richmond for instance) - if you have a link I would really appreciate that! Someone said 50K elsewhere and I think it is certainly more than that and a link would be great for some proof.

For instance my Furman guys get at least 300 or 400K to get clobbered at Clemson in 2 weeks
    I don't know, but since Richmond always beats us, I'd say they're getting their money's worth and then some.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

Quote Originally Posted by throatybeard View Post
    I don't know, but since Richmond always beats us, I'd say they're getting their money's worth and then some.
    I try so hard not to think about paying Richmond to come to WW and beat us. The going rate as I understand it is in the 300k-500k range, but dear lord I hope we were paying Richmond less than that. It would make no sense to pay that kind of money to a top caliber FCS team year after year.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    I try so hard not to think about paying Richmond to come to WW and beat us. The going rate as I understand it is in the 300k-500k range, but dear lord I hope we were paying Richmond less than that. It would make no sense to pay that kind of money to a top caliber FCS team year after year.
    I highly doubt we pay in that range...that is more like the payday for a team that goes to a national powerhouse to get smoked 60-0 on national TV and laughed about.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeSean View Post
    I highly doubt we pay in that range...that is more like the payday for a team that goes to a national powerhouse to get smoked 60-0 on national TV and laughed about.
    Agreed. If someone could find a link that would be great - oh, waht a great time to note my Furman guys beat the '99 UNC team 28 to THREE, yes, THREE - and they had the 'great' Julius Peppers. We ran all over them. They paid us about 300K to come and beat them silly - L O L

I would bet Duke pays at least 100K?

Agreed. If someone could find a link that would be great - oh, waht a great time to note my Furman guys beat the '99 UNC team 28 to THREE, yes, THREE - and they had the 'great' Julius Peppers. We ran all over them. They paid us about 300K to come and beat them silly - L O L

I would bet Duke pays at least 100K?
    Looks like classes weren't the only thing UNC's football team didn't show up for that year.

Honestly, I don't think we pay Richmond/JMU that much --> Almost certainly less than Sav. State is getting paid. We're a poor team playing against a topnotch 1-AA team (consider Sav. State is a bottom level 1-AA team).

NCCU is another question --> On one hand the price is probably a lot lower since playing a game at Duke doesn't affect NCCU's students (no travel costs, stay at home, etc.), on the other hand, NCCU is far from the top of 1-AA.
    <devildeac> anyone playing drinking games by now?
    7:49:36<Wander> drink every qb run?
    7:49:38<loran16> umm, drink every time asack rushes?
    7:49:38<wolfybeard> @devildeac: drink when Asack runs a keeper
    7:49:39 PM<CB&B> any time zack runs, drink

Carolina Delenda Est

Thank you for making my day lighter

Quote Originally Posted by dcdevil2009 View Post
    Looks like classes weren't the only thing UNC's football team didn't show up for that year.
    Maybe JP was in charge of keeping score and they thought they won?

Between this and the Few Good Men on the other thread, I have had a great laugh.