Tebow to New England

oh this should be VERY interesting....
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Apart from having to deal with ignorant, fanatical Tebow bandwagoners, this actually should prove far less eventful than you might hope. Nothing kills drama faster than Belichick's hoodie, and it's not like anyone will be clamoring to replace Brady with Tebow (at least no one who cares about the Pats). If you really wanted to see a locker room Teblowsion, you needed to watch the Drama Queens - I mean, Jets - last year. Additionally, I believe Tebow understands that he's not coming to NE to be the primary QB. The hoodie signed him because he recognized Tebow's motor and team drive, and because his stock was much lower post-Rex.

Of course, Chick's also probably pulling a bit of an F-U to the rest of the league. It's part of his hoodiness.

He's probably the best healthy receiver on the Pats roster.

Quote Originally Posted by AncientPsychicT View Post
    Apart from having to deal with ignorant, fanatical Tebow bandwagoners, this actually should prove far less eventful than you might hope. Nothing kills drama faster than Belichick's hoodie...
    This. Could be a brilliant move for all involved. Let Tebow just work within a system on a team where they won't tolerate the fanfare and whatnot. And if anyone can milk some usefulness out of him, it's Belichick.

Is it Summer League season yet?

Go Duke!

Not wanting to be "that guy", but can we get this moved to Off-Topic?

With Gronk's body a flat-out mess and his availability to play anytime soon very much in question, it seems to me this is more of a "let's bring him in and see if we can get him on the field at all as a tight end, a backup tight end. And a good locker room guy." That's all. The Patriots already have their QB of the future that they've been grooming for a couple of years, their former first round pick Ryan Mallett. Tebow ain't coming in to play quarterback. He wouldn't be there at all if they had a healthy Gronkowski IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    With Gronk's body a flat-out mess and his availability to play anytime soon very much in question, it seems to me this is more of a "let's bring him in and see if we can get him on the field at all as a tight end, a backup tight end. And a good locker room guy." That's all. The Patriots already have their QB of the future that they've been grooming for a couple of years, their former first round pick Ryan Mallett. Tebow ain't coming in to play quarterback. He wouldn't be there at all if they had a healthy Gronkowski IMO.
    Except Mallett was a 3rd round pick.

i think belicheat has something up his sleeve for tebow....he's not one to waste a roster spot for some media tizzy...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

The word is they want to groom him as a QB. Josh McDaniel, NE's offensive coordinator, was the guy who drafted Tebow in the first round at Denver. He has always believed Tebow could be a NFL QB. They could easily stash him on the practice squad for a year and try to teach him all the stuff he has been missing thus far...

... but I agree with others that Belli has other plans for him. TE or even a slot WR could be a good role for Tebow. They may run some read-option kind of stuff with him as well. NE has a history of taking guys off other team's scrap heaps and making something out of them. Tebow remains a very good athlete with some unique skills with the ball in his hands. I suspect NE will figure out a way to make use of him.

-Jason "and if they do, won't that make the Jets look even more like fools... Belichick would love to stick it to Rex Ryan like that!" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    The word is they want to groom him as a QB. Josh McDaniel, NE's offensive coordinator, was the guy who drafted Tebow in the first round at Denver. He has always believed Tebow could be a NFL QB. They could easily stash him on the practice squad for a year and try to teach him all the stuff he has been missing thus far...
    He's not eligible for the practice squad.
    Demented and sad, but social, right?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post

... but I agree with others that Belli has other plans for him. TE or even a slot WR could be a good role for Tebow. They may run some read-option kind of stuff with him as well. NE has a history of taking guys off other team's scrap heaps and making something out of them. Tebow remains a very good athlete with some unique skills with the ball in his hands. I suspect NE will figure out a way to make use of him.

-Jason "and if they do, won't that make the Jets look even more like fools... Belichick would love to stick it to Rex Ryan like that!" Evans
    With today's arrest of Aaron Hernandez, and his release by the Patriots, on top of Gronk's body being a mess, I believe even more strongly now that Tebow will be donning a jersey number in the 80's. Tight end.