Interesting article in today's WSJ

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...ections_sports

The rest of the basketball world may finally be coming around to K's way of thinking At a minimum, it does suggest that "does he have a position"? critiques of certain players around draft-time are a bit narrow-minded in this day and age.

Quote Originally Posted by luvdahops View Post
    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...ections_sports

The rest of the basketball world may finally be coming around to K's way of thinking At a minimum, it does suggest that "does he have a position"? critiques of certain players around draft-time are a bit narrow-minded in this day and age.
    Agreed, this is interesting stuff. I remember watching Duke in 2001 and getting the sense for what Krzyzewski was trying to do, with interchangeable multi-positional players like Battier, Nate James and Dunleavy, with Carrawell having graduated the year before. Kyle Singler fit that mode. I honestly feel like that's the biggest thing this year's team lacked, it had no players like that on the court. Hopefully Murphy can develop into that sort of player.

Interestingly, I watched the Duke 1-hour special (by Christian Laettner?) again today. Christian said the there were no position players. And others have said the Coach K had this "motion offense". Christian called it a "freelance offense". That's what allowed Christian to move out to the 3-point line and shoot... just make winning plays