Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 37 of 37
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    That is indeed a strange predicament. That's got to be a small club you're in!

    I think the Thunder would give the Bulls trouble. I think the Bulls are probably the only threat to the Heat (because Deng is one of the few guys who does a credible job on James, whereas Durant can't guard James). If the Heat beat the Bulls, they aren't likely to lose in the Championship. The Bulls are a little more susceptible, but would still be the favorites in the Championship.
    CDu have ou had a chance to watch the Spurs? What is your take on them? From the couple of recent games I have seen they look like they could take down the Thunder...but I have only seen a couple of games....

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Nashville
    Quote Originally Posted by theAlaskanBear View Post
    CDu have ou had a chance to watch the Spurs? What is your take on them? From the couple of recent games I have seen they look like they could take down the Thunder...but I have only seen a couple of games....
    Personally, I think Pop is a genius and the spurs are still a threat as long as Manu, Parker, and Duncan are healthy and still capable of big games. The whole organization is so well-managed. Everyone on that team buys in to their role, whether it be aging stars gracefully sharing the spotlight with younger players or underrated youngsters being put into the perfect situation for them to succeed. If they can keep it going, I could see the Spurs playing their way to a title the same way the Mavs did last year: as a collective unit that gets hot and stays hot just long enough to win the whole thing.

    Sorry, I know I'm not Cdu but I still had to get my two cents in .

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    raleigh
    sleep on the spurs at your peril....
    "Either we're going down, or they are....... Kirk out!"

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by theAlaskanBear View Post
    CDu have ou had a chance to watch the Spurs? What is your take on them? From the couple of recent games I have seen they look like they could take down the Thunder...but I have only seen a couple of games....
    The Spurs frequently play past my bedtime, so I haven't seen much of them. But they're very well coached and very experienced at the top, and as such shouldn't be ignored.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cali

    Suns and Bulls

    I hoping the Suns make the playoffs. Even though Utah is the better team, I would like to see Hill and Nash play.
    The Bulls winning the Championship would be great.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    First off, great thread theme. I loves me any NBA talk on DBR.

    To co-opt the Little Rascals famous retort, "Yoooou said it!" The Bulls bench is out of control good. Thibs has used up to 13 players fairly regularly, and, last night's game aside, you often see that Bulls bench with gaudy +/- results. So many Bulls games start to turn when that unit staggers in (meaning man by man, not that they come in weak) mid to late first quarter. I think the primary worry will be the full re-integration of Rose. It's always tricky when teams learn to win without a ball dominater. Rose, clearly, is not selfish, but he got used to carrying the team. In their OT win against the Pistons last night, he played long and had a huge game, but Deng's scoring was down. I like how Deng got more of an offensive ego with Rose out. As CDu says, I think the Bulls need to be the 2012 Bulls to win the title and can't revert back to Rose-watching during crunch time because it makes them too easy to guard. Obviously, their D is also incredible.



    I, too, find myself rooting for Shane to win a title. His offense has really suffered this year, though. He is not nearly as effective for that team when he is not hitting 3s at a 40%-45% clip. The Heat bench is a mess right now.

    As for the Magic, I think they have done OK by Howard, but Howard clearly is a pretty immature SuperStar who doesn't strike me as being enough of a leader. The way he has handled the Stan Van Gundy situation seems weak. That team has played well this year, they have only fallen apart as his attitude seems to have gone South. Obviously, I don't know what goes on behind closed doors with that team.

    The Spurs and the Celtics are both "old man teams" who seem primed for a run. The Celtics, as they are currently playing, can come out of the East. The Spurs, if they stay healthy, can also come out of the Weat.

    Another immature Giant, Andrew Bynum, is playing like the All Star everyone expected him to become. He is also only 23, and finally healthy. As elvis says, re-introducing Kobe will be key.

    The Thunder are great to watch, and the Grizz are coming on really strong, too.

    In the East - Chicago, Miami and Boston - Lu, Booz and Shane
    Out West - Thunder, Spurs, Lakers, Grizz and Mavs (I won't count them out) - McRoberts stands alone

    But, as others have pointed out, you'll also have Dahntay, Elton (maybe), JJ, Dunleavy (maybe) and Grant (maybe). I hope Grant and Nash can sneak in, it would be a shame to not have them playing in the playoffs.
    What does Duhon have to do to get some love on this thread? He plays on the same team as JJ but has not been mentioned.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    raleigh
    chris is mentioned often in this thread, however, he's getting attention in a thread of his own right now.......seems to be a little rub that has passed now.......we shall see...
    "Either we're going down, or they are....... Kirk out!"

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInBrasil View Post
    What does Duhon have to do to get some love on this thread? He plays on the same team as JJ but has not been mentioned.
    Duhon has been relegated to a bit player role with the Magic. In the playoffs, his role will likely shrink even more. I meant this to be a thread to talk about primary guys.

  9. #29

    wrt Artest

    I really hope that Artest is banned from the playoffs, in fact i think he should be banned from the NBA forever. He has a history of intentional violence on the court, and an intentionally thrown, hard elbow to the head could have serious repercussions for Harden. He should be gone from the game.
    If in fact he is suspended for any length of time, i have to imagine that would make more playing time available for Josh M., even if only through attrition, since they don't necessarily play exactly the same position, tho' both are forwards.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Duhon has been relegated to a bit player role with the Magic. In the playoffs, his role will likely shrink even more. I meant this to be a thread to talk about primary guys.
    Seeing as how your handle is CDu, i figured you woulda brought him up more!!, tho' i realize your point was to talk about primary guys. Even so, JJ is a regular big-minutes player on the same team as Chris, who gets regular minutes too. If the Magic have problems with Nelson, CDu will start, as he did earlier this year. If JN goes out, that doesn't bode well for the Magic. I don't think the Magic sans Howard have much of a chance to get out of the 1st round. I'm pulling for the Bulls, er uh, Booz and Deng.

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    sleep on the spurs at your peril....
    Yep.

    My ranking of title contenders is:
    1. Spurs
    2. Thunder
    3. Heat
    4. Celtics
    4. Bulls

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInBrasil View Post
    Seeing as how your handle is CDu, i figured you woulda brought him up more!!, tho' i realize your point was to talk about primary guys. Even so, JJ is a regular big-minutes player on the same team as Chris, who gets regular minutes too. If the Magic have problems with Nelson, CDu will start, as he did earlier this year. If JN goes out, that doesn't bode well for the Magic. I don't think the Magic sans Howard have much of a chance to get out of the 1st round. I'm pulling for the Bulls, er uh, Booz and Deng.
    Yeah, I'd say there's a reasonable chance that the Magic get swept by Indiana now that they don't have Howard. That team was completely built around Howard's dominating inside presence.

  13. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInBrasil View Post
    I really hope that Artest is banned from the playoffs, in fact i think he should be banned from the NBA forever. He has a history of intentional violence on the court, and an intentionally thrown, hard elbow to the head could have serious repercussions for Harden. He should be gone from the game.
    If in fact he is suspended for any length of time, i have to imagine that would make more playing time available for Josh M., even if only through attrition, since they don't necessarily play exactly the same position, tho' both are forwards.
    That was a brutal, and very much intentional elbow. He can talk all day long about not realizing Harden was there, but the whole reason for the clear out elbow is the fact that Harden was there. A couple of radio hosts today were slightly defending Artest, stating th Harden intentionally ran up in Artest's "space". So, push him out of the way then. I have no issue if Artest shoves him there. Attempting to take his head off with an elbow is another thing altogether. It will be interesting to see what Stern does with this one.

    "[T]he tarnished Tar Heels that bear little resemblance to the revered program built by Dean Smith."- Ashville Times
    "UNC and the NCAA are trying to conceal that the fraud was specifically designed to pad the transcripts of varsity athletes" - Bloomberg

  14. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Newton_14 View Post
    That was a brutal, and very much intentional elbow. He can talk all day long about not realizing Harden was there, but the whole reason for the clear out elbow is the fact that Harden was there. A couple of radio hosts today were slightly defending Artest, stating th Harden intentionally ran up in Artest's "space". So, push him out of the way then. I have no issue if Artest shoves him there. Attempting to take his head off with an elbow is another thing altogether. It will be interesting to see what Stern does with this one.
    I was watching the game live and thought Harden had purposely gotten in Artest's space to let him know he didn't appreciate the celebration. Today, I watched it on youtube a few times just to answer that question and now I think Harden wasn't crowding Artest. I think Ron meant to throw the elbow but I think even he was surprised that it landed so hard. I'm not defending him it just seemed to me that he looked shocked that it became such a big deal. He should have just not thrown the elbow in the first place, especially head high.

    Outside of that incident, what a great game, BTW!

  15. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInBrasil View Post
    I really hope that Artest is banned from the playoffs, in fact i think he should be banned from the NBA forever. He has a history of intentional violence on the court, and an intentionally thrown, hard elbow to the head could have serious repercussions for Harden.
    Harden suffered a concussion as a result of the blow. Unknown at this point when he will return to the court.

  16. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    raleigh
    it looked to me that Metta THOUGHT he was delivering a "get off me!" move and it just went bad........too bad, i thought he had cleaned up his act.....with all the stuff about thanking his psychiatrist and all, you know he's working on his demons...

    hope harden is ok...
    "Either we're going down, or they are....... Kirk out!"

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    it looked to me that Metta THOUGHT he was delivering a "get off me!" move and it just went bad........too bad, i thought he had cleaned up his act.....with all the stuff about thanking his psychiatrist and all, you know he's working on his demons...

    hope harden is ok...
    A "get off me" move would have been to sweep through with the arm/elbow below the shoulder when he first made contact with Harden, not raising it up over his own shoulder and driving the elbow up and into/through Harden's head. I'm not a fan of Harden, i neither like or dislike him, but no player should have to fear for their safety during a sanctioned game by an immature and petulant opponent. That stuff's for the ashalt courts.
    Artest can save his sob stories about how he's working on his demons for his psychiatrist, which the NBA should give him plenty of time to do cuz they ought to never again let him play in a game.

Similar Threads

  1. Premature speculation on next season's starting lineup
    By jamesfrommaiden in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 357
    Last Post: 04-30-2012, 01:09 PM
  2. Way Premature 2012-13 top 25
    By gofurman in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 124
    Last Post: 04-04-2012, 07:15 PM
  3. Duke vs. UNC in NBA playoffs
    By houstondukie in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 05-04-2010, 01:28 PM
  4. Premature Bracketology
    By Olympic Fan in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-22-2010, 04:23 PM
  5. Opportunity to explain why you are a Duke fan
    By BCGroup in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-16-2008, 03:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •