Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    can we lay off the austin-bashing?
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Newton 14 wrote late on Saturday night re Austin Rivers: "Well, he is out having a meal with 2 of his former Duke teammates now"

hmmm...earlier in the evening, Austin ate dinner in CIS along with his mom, teammates, coaches, and a bunch of fans (including moi) at the annual MBB banquet. Maybe he didn't get enough to eat and went out later for a snack? (FYI...this is in no way intended to be Austin-bashing!)

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by Raleighfan View Post
    Newton 14 wrote late on Saturday night re Austin Rivers: "Well, he is out having a meal with 2 of his former Duke teammates now"

hmmm...earlier in the evening, Austin ate dinner in CIS along with his mom, teammates, coaches, and a bunch of fans (including moi) at the annual MBB banquet. Maybe he didn't get enough to eat and went out later for a snack? (FYI...this is in no way intended to be Austin-bashing!)
    And he then tweeted later last night that he was out at the Waffle House with his boys Marshall Plumlee and Mike Gbinije. I knew the banquet was last night, so obviously the entire team was there for that. I was speaking about the Waffle House trip not the banquet. Thanks

Austin Rivers
    ‏ @AustinRivers25
    At waffle house with the homies @marshallplumlee and @TheRealGbinije !!

Retweets 15
    Favorites 9:41 PM - 14 Apr 12 via Echofon · Embed this Tweet

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    This could go here or in the Dukies In The NBA thread, but I'll post it here since it looks like Duhon has worked his way back into Van Gundy's graces.
    Sunday night he played 19 minutes while "newly promoted backup point guard Ishmael Smith" sat on his butt, and he played 13 minutes last night while Smith again rode the pine. Both were Magic wins.
    I saw some stories at the same time that Duhon was getting his DNP's that he had gotten an MRI on a sore ankle, which may have kept him on the bench more than an "attitude problem".
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Wow! Mixed emotions.

Do I respect Austin more for being an actual student/athlete ...

or for ripping the hearts out of the whine and geezers at the dean dome?

Still pondering ...
    Respect him for the first, love him for the second.