Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    FWIW, Sagarin now has us one point ahead of GT and a point behind Miami. Hopefully we have a genuine shot in both games.

Jim, any preliminary info on injuries from last night? Looked like lots of dings, hopefully nothing too major.
    Cut said after the game that Duke had lots of cramps. He hoped that was the extent of it.

I did notice that we didn't see Justin Thompson down the stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Cut said after the game that Duke had lots of cramps. He hoped that was the extent of it.

I did notice that we didn't see Justin Thompson down the stretch.
    Who is Justin Thompson? I do not see his name on our roster.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Who is Justin Thompson? I do not see his name on our roster.
    Juwan Thompson. Smarty-pants.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Juwan Thompson. Smarty-pants.
    Now the serious comment and/or question. Snead and Duncan ran well and I thought Thompson did, too. Don't remember any time he went down so not sure why he did not get any late snaps and I am certainly not smart enough to figure out how Cut uses his RB. Does he rotate them by series/drive/play-calling? Is it by "feel" who is having a good game?

Now the serious comment and/or question. Snead and Duncan ran well and I thought Thompson did, too. Don't remember any time he went down so not sure why he did not get any late snaps and I am certainly not smart enough to figure out how Cut uses his RB. Does he rotate them by series/drive/play-calling? Is it by "feel" who is having a good game?
    It's a rotation system of some sort, often by series...though on rare occasion they'll switch off on individual plays (In those circumstances, I'm guessing its for specifically called plays.) I think it's just to keep the guys fresh.
    <devildeac> anyone playing drinking games by now?
    7:49:36<Wander> drink every qb run?
    7:49:38<loran16> umm, drink every time asack rushes?
    7:49:38<wolfybeard> @devildeac: drink when Asack runs a keeper
    7:49:39 PM<CB&B> any time zack runs, drink

Carolina Delenda Est

16 votes

There are so many football threads I don't even know where to post this or see if anyone else already did!

We got 16 votes today from the coaches. Respect!

He went down on a ~4 yard run to the right side, a play before Snead limped off I think (3rd quarter?). Trainers were out there and whatnot.

I did bump into him as he was jogging into the tunnel post-game, though, and he executed a nice jump-cut and continued without breaking stride. So, hopefully it's not too serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg_Newton View Post
    He went down on a ~4 yard run to the right side, a play before Snead limped off I think (3rd quarter?). Trainers were out there and whatnot.

I did bump into him as he was jogging into the tunnel post-game, though, and he executed a nice jump-cut and continued without breaking stride. So, hopefully it's not too serious.
    I'm glad he was able to avoid your cheap shot "bump" after the game with his jump-cut. Seriously, thanks for the report. From our GA seats in Section 19, my old eyes, a serious beer tasting session pre-game and simply too many plays to recall, I forgot he had gone down briefly.

Our three RB really did an outstanding job grinding out the 234 yards last night. A big shout out for the OL, too, even with two more false starts.