Quote Originally Posted by Olympic Fan View Post
More bad news for the Yankees on the injury front.

Mariano Rivera hurt his right knee shagging flies during batting practice in KC this afternoon and was carted off the field on one of those John Deere vehicles. Actually, it was kind of funny (if it wasn't so worrisome) -- two Yankee teammates picked up Rivera and prepared to put him on the back flat-bed of the small vehicle. But the KC groundsmen couldn't get the back gate open to put him on it. They stood there holding Rivera for several minutes while the guys fumbled with the latch. Finally, they gave up and brought a second vehicle out for him.

No word on how serious it is, but the Yankee injuries are starting to mount. Gardner is on the DL, Swisher is hurt, Martin and Tex have been banged up. Chavez was hurt last night. Obviously, Pineda has been unable to pitch this season (along with Chamberlain).

During Wednesday night's game, it got so bad that by the fifth inning, Girardi was down to one non-pitcher available on the bench.

As a Yanke fan, I've been tolerant of the team's so-so play so far considering the injuries. If this one is bad, the Yankees could be in big trouble.
Can we get the Save Kyrie's Toe people to start Save Mariano's Knee?

I hate this. I hope Mo can find a way back and pitch next season. Not the way for the greatest of all time to go out.