Thread: Titanic 3D

Titanic 3D

Hey it is out... anyone watched it yet? Everyone has told me so far it was great and the 3D was done well enough that it did not go over board and fit in nicely. Also how long do you think it will be in theaters? As well as how much money this movie will gross this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by JNort View Post
    the 3D was done well enough that it did not go over board
    In stark contrast to most of the passengers.

I saw it in 3-D, but since I had never seen it before (neither big-screen nor DVD - not really sure how that happened), I don't have any basis for comparison.
    And alas, it's been really hard to avoid spoilers for these 15 years...

The 3-D was decent - some scenes where I could tell it felt more real, and some scenes where I felt it wasn't really needed. It's definitely the type of movie you can appreciate more on a big screen, so if you've been wanting to see it again at some point, now's a good opportunity.

did it still sink?
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

"That iceburg looks so real, it's like you can reach out and touch it."

-- Captain Smith (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    did it still sink?
    I remember being dragged to this movie by someone I was dating after I had already seen it when it first came out. What a terrible experience that was, both the movie and dating that girl.

BTW, am I the only one out there that has no desire to see a 3D movie? How does it make the movie going experience any better?
    "Something in my vicinity is Carolina blue and this offends me." - HPR

Quote Originally Posted by HaveFunExpectToWin View Post
    BTW, am I the only one out there that has no desire to see a 3D movie? How does it make the movie going experience any better?
    I can't wait to see Breakfast At Tiffany's 3D.

I'm more a fan of the Dr. Tongue 3-D series:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6m2gl51J6lo

Hugo in 3D is so well done that it puts to shame all previous 3D efforts. Scorsese made it work.

3D

Quote Originally Posted by HaveFunExpectToWin View Post
    I remember being dragged to this movie by someone I was dating after I had already seen it when it first came out. What a terrible experience that was, both the movie and dating that girl.

I join you in your distain for 3-D ... I may surpass you -- I actively dislike the process. I will NOT see a movie that is being shown in 3-D. So far, I've been able to avoid it for several movies I wanted to see (the last Harry Potter for instance was shown in 3-D and ordinary process).

... the fact that my reaction to Titanic was ... blah!! (much prefer A Night to Remember) has nothing to do with my refusal to see this in 3-S.

actually, all this 3-D is making me depressed...i'm blind in my left eye...so i won't be enjoying anything that comes out in 3-D...not even "our man flint"
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese