Michael Jordan a bad owner

I think Michael is a bad owner. Come on he just doesn't have it in management. Michael the player is a great player. I have respect for Michael. But, come on he fired Larry Brown who got them to the playoffs. And the product on the court besides Kemba, Hondo, and maybe Buyumbo isn't promising. Thoughts on Jordan as a owner??

Quote Originally Posted by sterling View Post
    I think Michael is a bad owner. Come on he just doesn't have it in management. Michael the player is a great player. I have respect for Michael. But, come on he fired Larry Brown who got them to the playoffs. And the product on the court besides Kemba, Hondo, and maybe Buyumbo isn't promising. Thoughts on Jordan as a owner??
    I'm saying I disagree, but are we sure this isn't Donald Sterling trying to divert attention from his own crappy ownership record?

Idk yet. He was not given a lot to work with. One of the only good things he did was fire Larry Brown. I never understood why they would even consider keeping him. He has taken over a bad team in a small market with little history and no center piece player. Ask me again if we get a top 2 pick in the draft this year that turns out to be a good center piece whether it be Davis or MKG.

This is a surprise?

Based on his time as GM of the Wizards, why would you think he'd be a good owner?

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    Based on his time as GM of the Wizards, why would you think he'd be a good owner?
    Much like The Black Falcon, Jordon does look good in a suit. If that's enough to qualify TBF as a "brand" despite a distinct lack of brand-worthy production on the court, maybe it's enough to qualify Jordan as an owner despite a complete lack of production in the front office.

I'm waiting for the day that Jordan loses the Bobcats to Charles Barkley on a golf bet. Barkley may not be any better than Jordan as an owner, but he'd at least be the most entertaining owner in the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by davekay1971 View Post
    Much like The Black Falcon, Jordon does look good in a suit. If that's enough to qualify TBF as a "brand" despite a distinct lack of brand-worthy production on the court, maybe it's enough to qualify Jordan as an owner despite a complete lack of production in the front office.

I'm waiting for the day that Jordan loses the Bobcats to Charles Barkley on a golf bet. Barkley may not be any better than Jordan as an owner, but he'd at least be the most entertaining owner in the NBA.
    There's not a snow ball's chance in hell of Charles Barkley ever beating anyone in golf...

You don't have to be a member of MENSA to realize his business acumen is single digits.

He's going to be the only one that can rationalize picking Harry Barnes over Anthony Davis

There are two man issues with Michael Jordon and the Bobcats.

1) Millionaires should not buy NBA teams. Modern NBA teams are vanity projects that require major resources and can be money pits. If you are going to buy an NBA team in this day and age you better be a billionaire with cash to burn. If not, you have the situation in Charlotte were Jordan has to pinch every penny. Without money you can not resign top players or attract talented free agrent. You end up in rebuilting mode every three out of four years.

2) The entire front office is filled with yes men.

It's sad that we have two Dukies suffering through his mess.

Talking The good part about all this is

Our Dukies are the two leading scorers on the team! We are very much in need of a star player though as was mentioned before. I feel for Corey and Gerald when watching their games and pray they will get a go to guy and a few more pieces so that they can turn the ship around. I have however been pleasantly surprised with the play of Kemba especially as of late. He is better than I expected him to be though while playing for my lowly Bobcats but still I am pleased nonetheless. I hope that in the not so distant future Gerald and Corey can enjoy the same success that Luol and Carlos are enjoying in Chicago! We have 9 players currently averaging double figure this season in the NBA. Dunleavy is the most efficient Dukie in the league as far as coming off the bench he's averaging about 12.5 ppg. The all around game of Luol continues to blow me away and makes me think what might have been had he come back in 2005. (and what might not have been for those turds down the road) Grant will be out for the rest of the season due to a torn meniscus and he will be missed as he has been a key contributor for the surging suns averaging 10 ppg. Kyrie should be back from his shoulder ailment within the week from what i'm hearing. Lance deserves the "nobody works harder nor has more heart than me" award for the whole NBA! Sorry I seem to have gone off on a tangent I'm just so excited about all of the success our boys are having in their professional careers GO DUKE!