What is the proper club

For a 6 ft gator in a green-side water hazaed?

http://network.yardbarker.com/golf/a...ament/10548778

At the very least, I'm turning a club over and hitting left-handed so I can keep an eye on that bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post

At the very least, I'm turning a club over and hitting left-handed so I can keep an eye on that bastard.
    The club house would be the safest selection.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Threaten him with a shoe horn.

Proper club?

Not sure if there is a proper "club" for that critter.
    But the proper "tool" just might have "magnum" in the description.
    Let's go DUKE !!!

I'm not quite sure about gators, but three irons work when you have a large snapping turtle on the green.

I was playing at Hilton Head once, and pulled up to my ball in the cart. Had been looking for it, didn't notice until I got out of the cart that there was a nine foot gator +/- about 30 yards away. At first I saw it and thought it was fake, because I was looking into its wide open mouth but didn't see a throat. Then I realized I was standing in front of a @#$@# @#$@#$ gator and about soiled myself.

(For the record, I picked up and took the triple bogey max on the hole).

True story.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post

A tire iron might be a reasonable choice, too.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I was playing at Hilton Head once, and pulled up to my ball in the cart. Had been looking for it, didn't notice until I got out of the cart that there was a nine foot gator +/- about 30 yards away. At first I saw it and thought it was fake, because I was looking into its wide open mouth but didn't see a throat. Then I realized I was standing in front of a @#$@# @#$@#$ gator and about soiled myself.

True story.
    If you had soiled yourself, could you have declared it ground under repair, and saved par on the hole?

Quote Originally Posted by Jarhead View Post
    If you had soiled yourself, could you have declared it ground under repair, and saved par on the hole?
    A whole new meaning to getting "relief" for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post

True story.
    I too have a Hilton Head gator story. I forget which course I was playing, possibly the Palmer course off Island. There was a raised tee with a pond to the left of it. We were waiting for a 4some of ladies playing in front of us, and they were on the tee (we were parked some distance behind them near the men's tee). A rather large lady was addressing her tee shot, and failed to notice the 7 foot gator sunning himself on the lake side of the tee, about 15 feet from her. The gator looked at the woman, opened his mouth and you could see his tiny brain thinking "Lunch!"
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

The proper club would be the "club"house, specifically the spa where I would be getting a massage before enjoying a nice "club" sandwich and a large glass of ice tea in relative safety.

The City of Brotherly Love except when it's cold.
    Picture 001.jpg

2010 Myrtle Beach boys golf outing - Can't remember which course. Might have been Oyster Bay.

The rule book specifically provides relief for rattlesnakes, bees, and fire ants as dangerous situations, but not poison ivy, cacti, or stinging nettles; there is no mention of alligators or crocodiles. I'm not making this up. Nevertheless, I invoked rule 1-4/10 and took a drop a long way away without penalty. He/she looked way hungry.