Quote Originally Posted by wk2109 View Post
I've actually thought the opposite and am afraid people are expecting too much from Rasheed before he even steps on campus. People compare him to Nolan Smith, but Nolan also began his career on a team with several returning guards and didn't get many minutes as a freshman. Rasheed might have certain physical gifts that the other guards don't have, but there's the possibility that the college game might be too fast for him initially. Michael also had certain physical attributes that theoretically filled a need on this past year's team but he barely played.

I like what I've seen from Rasheed so far, but I don't get the impression that he's a Kyrie/Austin type of can't-miss guard who will start from day one.
I don't think anyone is projecting him as an Irving/Rivers type contributor from day 1. If they are, they're wrong. I'd expect somewhere around sophomore year Smith from Sulaimon next year. He's further along than Smith was as a senior in high school (better shooter, better ballhandler, as good or better defensively). I'd expect Sulaimon to be a regular in the lineup next year. Not a star, but a solid player. By his sophomore year, I'll be surprised if he's not a 12+ ppg scorer (think Daniel Ewing as a sophomore/junior).