2013 Transfer Thread- Pe'Shon Howard is latest

per Jeff Goodman tweet CBS Sports, Pe'Shon Howard leaving Maryland

Mod Edit: Might as well use this thread to track all of the major transfers. The current transfer rate in D1 hoops is between 350 to 400 kids a year. Grass always being greener on the other side and all that..

2013 Transfer List (Updated 4-8-13)
    1. Rodney Purvis, NC State to Uconn
    2. Ryan Harrow, Kentucky to Ga State (I am shocked, shocked I tell you)
    3. Pe'Shon Howard, Merryland to "tbd" (I ain't play'n in no Big 10 man)
    4. Who will be next?

So, Pe'Shon Howard, come on down! You are the next contestant on "Let's change teams!" (cuz the coach has to be the reason my talent is being held back. I need a coach that will understand my talents and showcase them to all them NBA reps)
    Last edited by Newton_14; 04-08-2013 at 09:53 PM.

where is he going?
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

Looks like he's going to look for a hardship waiver to play right away.

He never really clicked with Turgeon, so I'm not surprised to see him go.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Howard

Much like Ryan Harrow's departure from NC State (and Kentucky) and Tony Chennault's exit from Wake Forest, it looks to me like Howard is running away from competition.

Maryland is bringing in Roddy Peters, a 6-4 point guard from Suitland, Md., who has been projected as the Terps' starter next season. Rather than stay and battle Peters for the job, Howard has decoded to leave.

No loss for the Terps ...

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Thanks for the news BD80. I took the liberty to edit your title and post and just use this thread to discuss all the bigger names searching for greener pastures this year. I agree with Oly in that this one is about running from competition. Or maybe ol Pe'Shon had no interest in roaming the wastelands of the upper mid-west in the Big 10. I would bet this is another one that will end up in the new AAC...

To be fair to Ryan Harrow, it's not entirely clear whether his move to Georgia State was the result of a transfer or being cut. It may have been less running from competition than running from being without a scholarship.

After his trip to the pe'nitentiary and his pe'jorative relationship with Coach Turgeon, it's not surprising that he's leaving before his pe'nultimate year. I'll be surprised if he gets pe'rmission to play right away though.

Vegas forward Mike Moser, a preseason All-American this season, is said to be transferring to U-Dub. As a senior-to-be who is set to graduate this summer, Moser would be eligible to play immediately. Despite the injuries that slowed Moser down in 2012-13, this would be a big get for Lorenzo Romar. Moser is a great player and, when fully healthy, he's one of the best front-court players in the country. He's expected to be at full health next year.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...-to-washington

Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post
    To be fair to Ryan Harrow, it's not entirely clear whether his move to Georgia State was the result of a transfer or being cut. It may have been less running from competition than running from being without a scholarship.
    Yes, and in fact he apparently has an actual hardship waiver situation, as his father has apparently had some health problems (which, IIRC, caused him to leave the team briefly at one point this season) and lives in Georgia.

Wastelands?

Wow, I guess I expected more from a moderator....believe it or not there are many people (including fellow Duke fans) that enjoy what the Midwest has to offer.

smh

Quote Originally Posted by Newton_14 View Post
    Thanks for the news BD80. I took the liberty to edit your title and post and just use this thread to discuss all the bigger names searching for greener pastures this year. I agree with Oly in that this one is about running from competition. Or maybe ol Pe'Shon had no interest in roaming the wastelands of the upper mid-west in the Big 10. I would bet this is another one that will end up in the new AAC...

Quote Originally Posted by Newton_14 View Post
    Howard's a LA kid, I imagine he'll head to the West Coast.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by mndukie View Post
    Wastelands?

Wow, I guess I expected more from a moderator....believe it or not there are many people (including fellow Duke fans) that enjoy what the Midwest has to offer.

smh

Sorry. I was not at all dissing that part of America. Seriously. It was a reference to the bottom tier teams in the Big 10 with games shown only on the Big 10 Network.

It was not a reference to the MidWestern part of the US... Apologies if that was not clear...

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    per Jeff Goodman tweet CBS Sports, Pe'Shon Howard leaving Maryland

Mod Edit: Might as well use this thread to track all of the major transfers. The current transfer rate in D1 hoops is between 350 to 400 kids a year. Grass always being greener on the other side and all that..

2013 Transfer List (Updated 4-8-13)
    1. Rodney Purvis, NC State to Uconn
    2. Ryan Harrow, Kentucky to Ga State (I am shocked, shocked I tell you)
    3. Pe'Shon Howard, Merryland to "tbd" (I ain't play'n in no Big 10 man)
    4. Who will be next?

So, Pe'Shon Howard, come on down! You are the next contestant on "Let's change teams!" (cuz the coach has to be the reason my talent is being held back. I need a coach that will understand my talents and showcase them to all them NBA reps)
    Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    where is he going?
    Pe'nnsylvania might work.

Or maybe UNC-Pe'mbroke.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Harrow

Quote Originally Posted by MCFinARL View Post
    Yes, and in fact he apparently has an actual hardship waiver situation, as his father has apparently had some health problems (which, IIRC, caused him to leave the team briefly at one point this season) and lives in Georgia.
    Are you sure of this? His family is from Georgia originally, but for the last three years they have lived in Raleigh. His father was still living them a couple of months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Olympic Fan View Post
    Maryland is bringing in Roddy Peters, a 6-4 point guard from Suitland, Md., who has been projected as the Terps' starter next season. Rather than stay and battle Peters for the job, Howard has decoded to leave.

No loss for the Terps ...

He's leaving because of his sick grandmother on LA. Apparently, they are really close. At least, that's what he's saying.

Peshon transfer hurts from a depth standpoint not so much production. Roddy Peters is our only true point guard now. It worries me that he's a freshman and coming Off season ending shoulder surgery. Seth Allen is more of a 2 and turnover prone. Nick Faust same thing. Look for Turgeon to grab a JuCo transfer or grad student for depth.

Side note, no more Gary players on Maryland now. Team is completely different in two years.

Quote Originally Posted by Here is a Turtle View Post
    He's leaving because of his sick grandmother on LA. Apparently, they are really close. At least, that's what he's saying.

Peshon transfer hurts from a depth standpoint not so much production. Roddy Peters is our only true point guard now. It worries me that he's a freshman and coming Off season ending shoulder surgery. Seth Allen is more of a 2 and turnover prone. Nick Faust same thing. Look for Turgeon to grab a JuCo transfer or grad student for depth.Side note, no more Gary players on Maryland now. Team is completely different in two years.
    "Look for Turgeon to grab a JuCo transfer or grad student for depth." -- especially if Len is, in fact, gone! They'll need it!

Have read more than once this year in the local DC media about Peshon being a "Gary kid," and not generally on the coach's good side... So no surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by -bdbd View Post
    "Look for Turgeon to grab a JuCo transfer or grad student for depth." -- especially if Len is, in fact, gone! They'll need it!

Have read more than once this year in the local DC media about Peshon being a "Gary kid," and not generally on the coach's good side... So no surprise.
    Len is 50/50 from what I hear. I still expect him to go. He's projected to go top 10 to OKC where he can develop and not start right away and actually have a point guard that can get him the ball.

With or without him, we'll still be big (though one more can't hurt) and we're hoping Smotryz comes in and can be semi-close to what Ryan Kelly was this year.

Len comes back to a team that returns everyone and they can make some noise in conference. Without him, I expect that we're just a bubble team again.

Quote Originally Posted by Olympic Fan View Post
    Are you sure of this? His family is from Georgia originally, but for the last three years they have lived in Raleigh. His father was still living them a couple of months ago.
    I don't have any personal knowledge. I'm relying on the reporting surrounding the transfer and his request for a hardship waiver, including this piece from ESPN in which Calipari is quoted as supporting his decision to transfer to be closer to his family in Atlanta. http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...state-panthers

The hardship waiver requires the school to be within 100 miles of his home, so the fact that he is applying for the waiver would suggest his family has returned to Atlanta (or will by next year).

Quote Originally Posted by Here is a Turtle View Post
    Len is 50/50 from what I hear. I still expect him to go. He's projected to go top 10 to OKC where he can develop and not start right away and actually have a point guard that can get him the ball.

With or without him, we'll still be big (though one more can't hurt) and we're hoping Smotryz comes in and can be semi-close to what Ryan Kelly was this year.

Len comes back to a team that returns everyone and they can make some noise in conference. Without him, I expect that we're just a bubble team again.
    My tea leaves show Len's gone. Full stop.

-jk