Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by dukelaxmom View Post
    By chance I learned of this forum thread and just wanted to say thank you all for voting and doing everything you could to get CJ in first. Unfortunately, I do not know what the final tally was. Fan voting is 1/3 of the total vote so he is still in the running. Winner is announced Memorial Day weekend. Thank you again, Doreen Costabile
    Thanks for stopping by. CJ is a great representative of DUKE. It has been a pleasure to follow his Duke career and suppport him as fans. Beat Colgate!
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Following the vote for CJ has been a pleasant experience. Seeing him on TV in the NCAA tournament is an exciting experience. I am proud to vote multiple times for him. Now let's cheer the whole team on to the NCAA championship.

The Good News

Though it wasn't a great day for Duke lacrosse generally, CJ (who had a pretty good if not great day, with a goal, 8 ground balls, and a close-to-even 10 of 21 on faceoffs) won the Lowes Senior Class Award.

So we did it (with some help from the other two thirds of the voters--coaches and media)!

Congratulations, CJ. Well deserved!

Quote Originally Posted by MCFinARL View Post
    Though it wasn't a great day for Duke lacrosse generally, CJ (who had a pretty good if not great day, with a goal, 8 ground balls, and a close-to-even 10 of 21 on faceoffs) won the Lowes Senior Class Award.

So we did it (with some help from the other two thirds of the voters--coaches and media)!

Thank you for the update!

Congratulations, CJ! And thank you for representing our University so well!

That is Good News!. Congrats to CJ! Wish we could have beaten the terps and moved on to the title game on Monday, but glad CJ got some recognition. Great season, guys... get'em next year!
    -Son of Jarhead

The Duke fan formerly known as BuschDevil

CJ wins Lowe'sAward

I see you already heard the news. I came back to say thank you for all your efforts and to let you know he won. We are very proud of CJ. He has had a tremendous four years at Duke. Four Final Four appearances is something to be proud of. Yesterday was not the outcome we wanted though. Thank you again. GO DUKE!!!

I see you already heard the news. I came back to say thank you for all your efforts and to let you know he won. We are very proud of CJ. He has had a tremendous four years at Duke. Four Final Four appearances is something to be proud of. Yesterday was not the outcome we wanted though. Thank you again. GO DUKE!!!
    Thank you for sharing your terrific son with the Duke community! Four Final Fours is most definitely something to be proud of, and scoring the winning goal in overtime in the National Championship game is a once in a lifetime memory. We've enjoyed seeing all the great things he does on the lacrosse field, and from what I have read, he has been an excellent contributor in the other sectors of the Senior Class Award--scholarship and service, as well. He will be missed.

Best wishes to your family.

Weirdly commenting on my own post which I can't edit any more to note that it's only because of the ridiculously high standards CJ has set that I would have called his performance yesterday "pretty good" rather than "very good" or, in fact, "great." He has been a real difference maker, and I will be interested to see how the team and coaches make up for not having him next year.

While it wasn't the outcome we wanted, it was nice to see CJ win a faceoff, charge toward the net, and score one last time. We'll miss him.
    <devildeac> anyone playing drinking games by now?
    7:49:36<Wander> drink every qb run?
    7:49:38<loran16> umm, drink every time asack rushes?
    7:49:38<wolfybeard> @devildeac: drink when Asack runs a keeper
    7:49:39 PM<CB&B> any time zack runs, drink

Carolina Delenda Est

Quote Originally Posted by loran16 View Post
    While it wasn't the outcome we wanted, it was nice to see CJ win a faceoff, charge toward the net, and score one last time. We'll miss him.
    It never gets old.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNrYhCKk2DI

Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
    No it doesn't. One of the great, great moments my 50 year Duke sports watching career!
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide